PDA

View Full Version : The BOB Revolution is a "shockingly" smooth ride! ;)

strollerqueen
05-07-2005, 03:26 AM
Yes, the shocks are shocking. They really work! It is UNBELIEVABLE how easy it is to push! I am always pleasantly surprised when I load heavy kids up in a stroller, and it pushes the same as when it's empty. Of course, there aren't many like that out there. But this is one of those select few.(I'll post a full review and pictures on my website, but I wanted to write a few quick notes for anyone considering one.)

Another big plus is the canopy. It really keeps the sun off. It has one of those nice roll-ups with a plastic window. Although DS kept trying to punch it out with his fist, {{sigh}}. I think for hotter climates I prefer the mesh ones.

The harness is awesome, so easy to use. And I had to use it today, because DS kept running off.

On the downside, it feels a little bigger and beefier than I'm used to. More so than the MBUS and the Kiwi E3. Part of the problem may have been that I took it to a crowded festival. Probably not the best choice, but hey, it had to be inagurated somewhere!

I can see why people feel they can jog with it. Except there is no handbake, and I still think fixed wheels are preferable for running. But I realize it might be a good compromise if someone wants a jogger that swivels.

The fold is way different than I am used to, and there are all kinds of levers and latches sticking out. But I have never owned a BOB, so I'm sure I'll figure it out. And it would help if I read the manual, lol!

I'm also used to more of a recline than this has. DS did fall asleep in the evening, and he had a hard time getting comfortable in the slight recline. Also, the canopy sits right on top of the seatback. So even though the back is tall, there is not much headroom for a taller child.

Finally, I wish there was a little more storage. I really like all those pockets on the Dreamer. Even my Kool Stride has two pockets, and a mesh bottle holder. I think for the price they should include the BOB console, instead of having to pay extra for it. (It is included in the Strollercize model, but then you have the logos all over and are advertising their product, so I guess it's a wash.)

But, oh, that push! I couldn't even FEEL any of the huge bumps I purposely went over today! And absolutely all one-handed. :)