PDA

View Full Version : MBUS vs. BOB?

quartzlynn
05-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi everyone...

We have decided that we are going to need to do a lightweight / umbrella stroller plus something more versatile for long walks / strollercize (wishful thinking on my part perhaps) etc. I have read reviews for both of these and looked at them both in stores but cannot seem to get a grip on the major differences and thus cannot seem to choose!

I am 5'2 and DH is 6'3, but not sure that makes a big difference. I soubt I will ever use the jogger for jogging - more likely speed walkingt - but DH is a runner, though I cannot imagine him taking the baby with him unless absolutely necessary.

I also like the fact that the MBUS has an attachment for an infant seat, but not sure if the BOB has something similar???

Any insight would be appreciated...

strollerqueen
05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I wrote a brief review of the BOB below.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=14&topic_id=56839&mesg_id=56839&page=

It is almost too big for me, not quite, but almost. I am an inch or two taller than you. I still think the MBUS is a little easier to deal with, as far as folding it and lifting it into the car.And definitely easier in crowds. BOB has the 16" wheels and a longer front end, so it is bigger to maneuver. I crashed into plenty of people with it at a festival yesterday.

I am planning on trying it out to the beach tomorrow. I expect the larger tires will do better on the sand than the MBUS. But if you don't go to the beach often, then that won't matter to you.

The other thing is, the MBUS reclines nearly flat. I put my son in there as a newborn, with a snuzzler. You can't use the BOB until your baby is sitting up pretty well.

If you are going for long outdoor walks, your baby shouldn't be in a car seat anyway. The latest recommendation is 20 minutes at a time in the seat. So you would only want to leave them in there for very quick errands.

It is a tough decision, though. They are both nice.