PDA

View Full Version : REAL width of Safari TT & Safetech Double?

Fiana
05-08-2005, 08:01 PM
I have heard that the measurements listed online are not exactly accurate. Anyone willing to take the time to measure the exact width of these two strollers? I'm worried about fitting through doorways w/ both.

Also, I am interested in the one that has the most upright seat when in the highest position. For those who have done this research already, have the answer?

Thank you, thank you!

Fiana

Fiana
05-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Bumping myself--a nanny at the park today told me not to get the Safari TT--that it didn't fit into doorways!

Please help, I will need to buy a stroller soon!

Thanks!

ksenn
05-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Fiana,

That was me who recently saw both together! The IT didnt fit, but my Safetech did! Its outside right now..I will go measure it for you. I dont know exactly how wide the IT was, just that it was wider. We had to open both doors for her to get in. She wasnt so happy. :(

ksenn
05-11-2005, 03:21 PM
okay...its 31.5inches from the outside of the wheel to the outside of the other wheel. Each seat is 12inches wide and the seatbacks are about 17.5inches high.

Im off to see ebay and how this compares to what they say.

Fiana
05-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks so much, Kristen! Your info is so helpful, considering I won't be able to see the Safetech IRL. So, the half inch really does make a difference for getting into doorways?

Do your older kids fit in the Safetech ok? I have a 35inch, 31 pound 20 month old, I can't imagine he'll be getting any smaller when his sister is here (in September)!

ksenn
05-12-2005, 11:17 AM
My DD is just over 2 and weighs about 27lbs, and my 4.5yr old weighs something like 45lbs. He is kinda big, but can still still comfortably. We dont use it much anymore because my dd wont keep her hands to herself.

I measured it and re-measured it to make sure of the width. All the auctions say it and the Instep are 32 inches. But you are correct, 1/2 inch is all it takes! Apparently, the people selling the Safetechs dont realize this!

Fiana
05-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks! I think you sold me on the Safetech v. the Safari TT. One more question (if you'll indulge me): Did you pop the car seat into your Safetech? I know it won't snap in, but I figure it will be pretty secure w/ the napper bar if it can be wedged in there.

Thanks!

ksenn
05-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Sorry, my daughter was already too big for that when I bought it.