PDA

View Full Version : Chicco 2002 - was this a good buy?

Gracie
05-08-2005, 11:37 PM
I bought a used (fair to good condition) Chicco 2002 for $25. I hadn't seen on IRL & when I saw the model name & remembered what good comments I read on these boards, I snatched it up. I wasn't necessarily looking for this type of stroller, but "it's only $25..." kept ringing through my head. And it did steer very well. Was this a good purchase?

I was planning on getting a P3, but would that be redundant? The Chicco is sitting in the garage & I don't know quite what to think of it. Would it be a good travel stroller in case the airlines damage it? Or is it too heavy?

Also, I've been trying to get some info on it, year, pattern name, etc. It says "02 00" on the metal bar on the back. Is that the manufacure date? It's a navy & light beige checkered plaid. Does anyone know what it might be called? Also, I'd love any tips on washing the upholstery. I'm assuming the canopy is not washable.

I plan on calling Chicco, but thought I'd try here since you all are so wise & helpful!
Thanks for "listening".
:) Grace

Nooknookmom
05-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Great score!

I can't help (yet) on the pattern name, but wanted to say that the 2002's push like a DREAM. That is a great deal as well. You'll be very happy!

american_mama
05-10-2005, 09:45 PM
I agree, great deal. In Jan. or Feb., there were two Chicco 2002 on Swap for about $50, which seemed like a great deal to me. Because I was in love with the red Cherry Cola color, I bought a P3 instead and my major complaint about it is so-so steering. I would really like to compare it to a Chicco 2002.

I think the 2002 and the P3 would be almost identical in function, size, and weight. I'd use the Chicco for a while and see what you think of it.

Gracie
05-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Thank you for your posts. I have a tendency to make impulse purchases, so it's reassuring to hear that it was a good buy. Using it for a while & then deciding on the P3 is a good idea. Also, I called Chicco & they are sending me a copy of the manual - yeay!
Grace

comommy
05-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Great Buy! Not sure of the pattern name. I purchased a Chicco 2002 in Jan 2003 of off E-bay and used it with my almost 1 year old. She is 3 now and we still use it frequently. I heard so many great reviews that I couldn't pass on it. I think I paid close to $75 with shipping for a brand new one. $25 seems like a great price! I've used a wet washcloth and cleaned the canopy and it worked well.