PDA

View Full Version : Love my new Z Street, just a few questions

Splash
05-11-2005, 08:52 AM
It arrived yesterday and I like it a lot. I was not impressed at all with LiquidBaby/Overstock baby... he refused to answer any questions, just kept telling me to read his eBay feedback. But I ordered it anyway on the advice of you fine people.
So, putting it together was no prob, though the instructions left a lot to be desired. And when they say push firmly to put the canopy on, they are NOT kidding. At one point I seriously thought I would have to have my father in law do it, it was THAT hard to put on.
I was under the impression it was a "full" recline. Now, I know different people interpret "full recline" differently, but I am thinking flat. It's not. Unless I am missing something, it does not recline flat. Is that still okay for a newborn? It's more reclined than a car seat would be at least.
Also, the leg rest- it says (the instructions with this thing suck, but oh well) to lift the lever underneath and push down. Well, that doesn't make it fold down all the way (like an older child would like) it just kinda folds out at an angle. After a while I just gave it a good push and it DID fold down all the way... it kinda dislocated itself. At first I thought I broke the thing, but after doing it several times, I think it's okay to do. Am I right? The instructions say nothing, but the thing has to be able to fold straight down.
It DID come with the sunshield, which was the only extra I really wanted, so that is great. I like the color, and it seems very comfy (my cats liked it at least) so that is great.
The warranty does start from the date of purchase, so I'll send it in soon.
Overall I am very pleased with it and thank you guys for giving me some info, since the seller either knew nothing or didn't want to be bothered.
E

anuta
05-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I have a Z-street. I had the same question about the legrest, and emailed Zooper customer service. They said that 45 degree angle for the footrest is about right, its not supposed to go all the way down.

The recline is not completely flat, but I've used it with my newborn with no problems.

MamaParis
05-11-2005, 11:59 AM
hmmmm .. mine goes all the way down to a 90 degree angle ... the fabric gets snug on there when I put it down like that - but it does it easily ...

And for the OP - the recline on the Ztsreet is perfectly fine for a newborn. I used to zip up the footrest and make the basinette and put a folded blanket in there and let my DS sleep in there - sometimes on his belly, too if I was watching him closely.

pittsburghgirl
05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
We used ours fully reclined (yes, not quite 90 degrees like a pram would be) with our newborn and he was just fine.

I have never tried to put the legrest all the way down, my DS isn't tall enough yet to need it that way.

Glad you got the sunshield, hope it works. You may still want to look into the rayshade or protect-a-bub, if you find the sunshield holds in heat.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

punrocker
05-12-2005, 11:38 AM
I don't think I've ever pushed the legrest on my "regular" Z-Street more than 45 degrees, even while holding down both the tabs on each side.

I think I actually answered a previous post of yours, a few days ago--didn't know you'd already decided on the ZS! You might want to take a peek at it, for some issues that might arise once your DC is older. :) I've had my Z-Street since 7/2003 (DS was born 9/2003 and is now 20 mos. old), and as a first time mom, there were some things I didn't think of checking (or asking about) when I was shopping for and test driving strollers.