PDA

View Full Version : Combi I Thru Stroller or ...?

terrapin_mon
05-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi,

I am desperately looking for a stroller (like everyone I know) that would work for my baby intially as well as later. DD is two months now (wow, I can't believe that) and a little sensitive and I feel like a reversible stroller might be helpful. But then again what do I know?
So we are looking at the Pliko P3, A3, Zippy Inglesina, Combi I-Thru or Venezia. Yes, I know they are all not reversible, and some have a bassinet feature while some don't, and some are better easier folds etc.

Now I am truly foxed.

Any comments on the Combi I-thru? IT seems to have all that I want BUT I can't find any reviews on it anywhere and unfortunately can't go to any store close by to try it out. :( Any advice? Stroller Queen help...

Or again , is the A3 the answer to all that I want? I want something that works on sidewalks, is light and easy to fold, and works for a while...and ofcourse ideally is reversible as well... I know I am asking for the moon.

So help me please?

~Ritu

knaidel
05-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Mariana (lmariana) posted a review of the I-thru a few months back. She was not impressed with it. Did you do a search of the archives? At least one other person , I think, reviewed it. Also, if you want something for working on sidewalks, skip the Venezia.
See! I just narrowed it down from 5 to 3 for you! :)
In terms of "works well on sidewalks, light and easy to fold and works for a while" both the P3 and Zippy meet those criteria.

Don't know anything about the A4. I had an Atlantico and it was a pain. It had a 27 step fold. But it was GREAT taking a walk the day after a blizzard!

lmariana
05-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Hello Ritu! As Rachel mentioned, I did review the I-Thru a couple months back. I was looking for a lightweight with full features. After going through a LOT of strollers in my time (Kiwi E3, Bugaboo, Zoopers, Macs, etc), I felt like the I-Thru was wobbly, plasticy, stiff, and very difficult to steer. It didn't steer will on my wood floors when empty or with my son (then 24 pounds) inside. It doesn't have a true bassinet, like others you mentioned, more like a boot that snaps on to a fully reclining seat. You also have to fully recline the seat in order to fold the stroller, which to me is a pain. When you recline the seatback, you have to re-adjust it up. Other strollers will let you just push the seat back up, but not the I-Thru.

Overall, I think you're way better off going with a nice Zippy + Bassinet, or something else comparable. I honestly don't feel the Combi would last you long enough to go in to toddler-hood. The other strollers you mentioned are higher quality and pretty great! Not many will be great on sidewalks, but the only ones that would be have air tires. If you're a frequent outdoors walker, you may want to look in to getting an air tire stroller.

I hope you get some good help here!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051024/0/21/1/-5/.png