PDA

View Full Version : Peg P3 vs. Inglesina Zippy

bluhimmy
05-12-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm ready to replace my Graco Metrolite stroller. After researching all the different strollers out there, I think I've got it narrowed down to two strollers: P3 and Zippy. Any advice which one I should go for? I mainly want something great for the mall, yet will be good for trips to the park and our local zoo, which happens to be hilly.

I couldn't find information on this, but was wondering what type of wheels does the P3 and Zippy have, rubber or plastic? Any advice on where to buy for best pricing?

TIA!
Diana

bluhimmy
05-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Bumping it up.

Hoping for some help from those of you that own either or both of these strollers. Please.... what are type of wheels are on these two strollers?? Someone has got to have the answer to this....

Smiles81
05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Well they aren't hard plastic, but i don't think they are pure rubber either. My p3 wheels seem to be plastic but have rubber tread along the outside to cushion bumps a little. I'll see if I can find a pic for you if interested. I think for your needs either the p3 or zippy is perfect. It is a great all around stroller.
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

morgan47
05-13-2005, 03:05 PM
I was torn between those 2 also, and I chose the Zippy. I love it! I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one, but I like how the Zippy folds. I think the P3 also looks more plasticky.

I bought mine from an eBay vendor last year (2004 model). It was cheaper than other places, though non-returnable (unless broken). I took my chances and have no regrets.

bluhimmy
05-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Thank you so much! I would love to see a pic if it's not too much trouble.

Diana

bluhimmy
05-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks for your feedback. So in your opinion the Zippy folds better than the P3? Which do you think is more compact when folded?

I was also thinking about looking through ebay; hopefully I still can find a 2004 model for either stroller.

Diana

indigo
05-13-2005, 05:44 PM
If you sign up for ebates.com, you can go thru that site to either babyage.com or babyuniverse.com. Both are running promos right now - 10% or 15% off with promo code, plus 4 or 6% cash back from ebates.

We have the 03 Zippy and I love it! The 2005 1/2 Zippy is even better supposedly with attached raincover and fully extendable hood. The fold is so simple even my technophobe mom can do it. :0) New P3s appear to have some nice features too - mosquito netting (optional) in addition to the standard snack tray and toddler footboard. All depends on what features you like best!

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
six months and counting!

morgan47
05-13-2005, 06:06 PM
I didn't compare compactness, so I don't know. I liked the one-hand umbrella-style fold of the Zippy. I would think that you could get a great deal on the 2004's, but I don't know for sure.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I have a P3. The fold is really easy. The fold on the zippy is easier, but with a little practice, the P3 is a snap. It is possible to fold the 2005 (MT version) P3 with one hand. I've done it while holding DD in an airport numerous times.

P3 has extendable ergonomic handles, toddler board, huge canopy, child's tray and a (small) adult cupholder.

Zippy - 2005 1/2 version has larger wheels, a napper bar (no child's tray), huge canopy, super easy fold, non-extendable handles, a small cupholder, and a toddler step. The 2004 version lacks the toddler step, larger wheels, and the cupholder. Versions earlier than 2004 don't have the huge canopy.

Pluses of the P3: The adjustable handles and the child's tray. But it looks more plasticky.

Pluses of the Zippy: Less common and easiest one handed fold on the market. But no child's snack tray or extendable ergo handles. Also, if you get one older than the 2005 1/2, no toddler board or cupholder.

jackie_justin
05-13-2005, 06:43 PM
I recently bought a 2005 Zippy and am enjoying it, it's the steering that's great!! I bought mine at www.arunningstroller.com and I think the 2005 model is on sale due to the new 2005 1/2 which this model has the extra step for toddler if it applies to you and they are new Spring colors.

I've heard great things about the P3 from the boards here but I didn't get to it before buying the Zippy. I think they're both different folds. Doesn't P3 have a book fold? If so like my Peg Venezia then the Zippy folds narrow but longer (like umbrella) and does not stand verses a book fold is wider and shorter but I think P3 can stand. I love that Zippy has a really great shade coverage and plushy seating but when my DS (only at 6mths)is in it, it seems a bit narrow for him on the seat. Maybe P3 has a wider seat. You can always call Marilyn at A Running Stroller for her opinion since she sells both. HTH. :)

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-13-2005, 06:47 PM
>I recently bought a 2005 Zippy and am enjoying it, it's the
>steering that's great!! I bought mine at
>www.arunningstroller.com and I think the 2005 model is on sale
>due to the new 2005 1/2 which this model has the extra step
>for toddler if it applies to you and they are new Spring
>colors.
>
>I've heard great things about the P3 from the boards here but
>I didn't get to it before buying the Zippy. I think they're
>both different folds. Doesn't P3 have a book fold? If so
>like my Peg Venezia then the Zippy folds narrow but longer
>(like umbrella) and does not stand verses a book fold is wider
>and shorter but I think P3 can stand. I love that Zippy has a
>really great shade coverage and plushy seating but when my DS
>(only at 6mths)is in it, it seems a bit narrow for him on the
>seat. Maybe P3 has a wider seat. You can always call Marilyn
>at A Running Stroller for her opinion since she sells both.
>HTH. :)

The P3 has an umbrella fold. I have both the Venezia and the P3 - the Venezia has a wider seat than the P3. The fold on the Venezia is short and wide, whereas the P3 is longer and thinner. The P3 and Zippy are VERY similar strollers!

jackie_justin
05-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Oops, thanks so much for the correction. Can you please advise if the P3 has a wider seat than the Zippy? I wish it was a wider seat. Thanks again!

jackie_justin
05-13-2005, 06:52 PM
sorry...double post, disregard this one.

JodiM
05-13-2005, 09:33 PM
I did some comparison pictures of the P3's and Zippy's (2005½)
You can see them at: www.picturetrail.com/mifamiliade6
Look under p3/zippy comparison

indigo
05-13-2005, 10:48 PM
There used to be something called a twingles (?) tray at one step ahead, which snapped in in place of the napper bar on the Zippy.

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
six months and counting!

bluhimmy
05-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Those were the 2 places I've been looking to buy. So far, they seem to have the best pricing, and with the additional rebate through ebates, it's hard to beat.

It's strange that Baby Age only have 2004 Zippy...

bluhimmy
05-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks so much for the comparison pictures. It's really helpful to see them side by side. Unfortuantely, I'm liking both strollers even more and can't decide. I think I need to look at then IRL again.

bluhimmy
05-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks for laying out the comparison. I'll the weigh out the pros & cons of each stroller and hopefully, come to a conclusion.

cmonbaby
05-16-2005, 08:40 AM
I just received my 2005 1/2 Zippy in the mail from travelingtikes.com and it comes with a free Snuzzler. I had originally wanted the 2004 model (mainly to save money) but I haven't been able to find the color that I wanted anywhere. Be sure to decide on a print that you prefer before trying to find what you are looking for- it will make your price comparison shopping much easier! So far I absolutely love my Zippy and it has the wonderful hood and cupholder which is nice. The fold is super easy and I'm confused because someone else posted that it doesn't stand upright when folded, but mine does. I love it! The seat appears wider than the P3 and it has a less plasticy look and feel to it. I think the wheels are a tad bit bigger than the P3, but you'd have to make that judgement call yourself.

Travelingtikes provides free UPS shipping with your purchase if you order through them. I've heard Marilyn at arunningstroller is amazing to work with as well- you might give her a call to get a better idea of what matches your needs.

Good luck and you really can't go wrong with either purchase.

Tracy

jackie_justin
05-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Can you please advise how your wheels are when the Zippy is standing upright? I would love it if it can, do you have to lock the wheels first before closing? I've tried but would be great and really appreciate your input, thanks so much!

Jackie
http://lilypie.com/baby1/051031/1/15/5/-8/.png

quartzlynn
05-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Just an aside but I was considering these two and took DH to store today. He is 6'3 and though we love the Zippy the wheel placement didnt work for him - the P3 was much better. So if you or DH are tall, its something to consider. The person at the store said another couple came in today with the same problem...

Now we have to decide between the Zooper Waltz and the P3 - this is a never-ending quest!!

jackie_justin
05-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Ah ha! I got the Zippy to stand up, it's just my front wheels were always swiveling toward the back not allowing it to stand. Now that I positioned the wheels straight toward the front, it stood up. Thanks for mentioning so I know... all the great things I keep learning and discovering being a first time mommy... :)

Jackie
http://lilypie.com/baby1/051031/1/15/5/-8/.png

bluhimmy
05-16-2005, 09:49 PM
I still can't decide between the two. The height would be a factor since DH is 6'1"; I'm only 5'4". I was starting to lean toward the P3 since it's handles are adjustable. I should have him try it out in the stores and see which feels more comfortable.

Stroller shopping is almost as difficult as buying a car. But the good thing is, there's no haggling involved.

ShaniB123
05-17-2005, 12:16 AM
FYI, I bought a 2004 Zippy in October of 2004. It broke (a problem with the wheels) after less than a month of use. I posted my experience on this board at that time, and it turns out a number of people had similar problems.

I tried to get the problem resolved through Inglesina Customer Service. Nightmare. When you call, you cannot get a live voice- calls go straight to voicemail. It took a week for my call to be returned. I ended up returning my Zippy and buying a Bugaboo.

My mom got a 2004 P3 to keep at her house. It's pretty much the same as the 2004 Zippy, except for the fold and the napper bar versus tray.

I would not buy a Zippy, or any product from Inglesina.

squimp
05-17-2005, 01:39 AM
A number of folks with long strides have had trouble kicking the wheels on the Zippy, so definitely have your DH give it a spin. I just adjust my stride, and it is no problem. But I love the Zippy...And DH is 6'5', so adjustable handles would have been great on the Zippy. But I've learned to live with his infrequent complaining about that ;).

I really think you can't go wrong with either. You're lucky to be able to try them out in person. I bought my Zippy sight unseen from the recommendations here!

psych
05-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Have you seen them in person? Go to a store and push them around, open and close them, etc. We did this and chose the Zippy, but I know people who are tall and chose the Peg. Nothing can replace trying them out for yourself.

P.S. - I've had the Zippy for 6 months and haven't had any quality issues with it. I use it every day for at least 1 hour and it has gone on 2 plane trips without any problems.

bluhimmy
05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the warning. We'll have to take that into consideration, plus I will make sure to buy it from a reputable vendor that will take returns without hassel.

Wow, you replace it with a Bugaboo! I would love to have a Bugaboo...

bluhimmy
05-17-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm stuck on 2 colors for both the P3 & Zippy. Didn't like the colors on 2004 models so I guess I'm looking at 2005s.

Thanks for the tip on travelingtikes.com, but DS is 9 mos. so I don't think we'll need a Snuzzler. So far the best deal I've found is through Baby Universe, with 10% off coupon, plus free ship on strollers. Also, I going through ebates, so there's another % rebate. I haven't checked with Marilyn at arunningstroller.com yet, but I might have to give her a call.

bluhimmy
05-17-2005, 01:29 PM
I want to order a stroller now so badly! But have to wait till the weekend so DH and test it out before buying. What a bummer.

bluhimmy
05-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the Zippy. Planning to try it out this weekend.

dietre_g
05-18-2005, 10:57 PM
I have the 2005 Zippy in the orange color and I love it. It fits in the car easily and my DS has been very comfy in it (we have used it since he was 5 days old)! Besides the mall, I walk on a paved trail and in a park (with moderately bumpy terrain + grass) and have been pleased with the stroller's performance. I am 5'-8" and DH is 6'-3" and we can both walk comfortably without kicking the wheels (unless I am excercising). If that is the case, I just have to be a little more careful! The steering is a dream - I have been thrilled with my choice. Best of luck in your decision...

Dietre F.
Mom to Evan Gregory
Born 3.15.05

JodiM
05-20-2005, 12:15 AM
We have had both and I like the Zippy better...

The zippy is bit easier to steer
Handles better outside, probably due to the bigger wheels
The fold is easier- it is truly a 1 hand
The padding is better made~ seems like it will hold up better and is easier to clean.

That said, I totally miss the tray on the p3. Inglesina NEEDS to come out with one for the zippy, ASAP.
I think I tell my poor sales rep that everytime I talk to him. Maybe he will eventually get sick of me saying it, and have them come out with one. LOL

bluhimmy
05-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback on the two strollers. DH & I went out to test drive the strollers and have finally made a decision.

Like everyone said, these were very similar strollers, but in the end, DH felt he liked the P3 just a bit more. Thanks again for the great help here. :o)