PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Twin Traveller opinions....??? Need help

jwren
05-12-2005, 09:03 AM
I think I have narrowed it down to the Maclaren Twin Traveller, I needed something that fits well in my trunk of my BMW X5 (not alot of space) and DS is 21m and weights 30+ lbs, so I wanted something that would last longer than a few months. I am still pg and due in Oct, so I don't need it yet. I now have the Aria (single) by Peg Perego and I am having alot of trouble with steering, otherwise I love it. But the double when folded takes up my whole trunk, the Maclaren Twin Traveller uses as much space as my single, but a little taller. I tried the Graco duoglide, which my sister swares by, but I found it to be a monster and very heavy and a pain to load in the trunk, as I have to take the tray and front hood off to fit it, then it takes up my entire trunk.

We travel alot to the races and to see family, so I need something that will fit good and allow for other things in the trunk, and that is ok on grass. As long as it's as good as my Combi savvy (single)(have that too for travel) and my aria single on grass, I will be ok, so I am wondering about the Maclaren Twin Traveller on grass. Is it managable?

I also wonder how hard it is to get between the isles with the Maclaren Twin Traveller? I liked the compact way it feels, yet sturdy. I hate the Graco cause it feels like your steering a bus. The Maclaren Twin Traveller just seems to take up less space while strolling.

Also another issue I have is putting a newborn, within arms reach of my 21m old, (he'll be 2yrs 1m when the baby is here) The baby will probably be preemie too, I have to deliver 4-6w early, due to cholestasis of pg (liver disease of pg) So I am thinking that I may have to wait a while to use it. How many months should I wait? How is your toddler with the baby next to it? Does it work out ok with this arrangement?

Also how about storage? Is there enough? I mainly use the stroller when going to the mall (inside and outside malls), or the doctor or the outdoors and the races and travel.

BTW: The 2005 is on sale at http://www.travelingtikes.com for $332 and you get two free Snuzzlers ($50 value) the sale is through May, so I am wondering if I should buy it now to take advantage, or will it go on sale again by the time I need it, also do you think they will make any improvments to it by fall? Or will they wait till next year? thanks :)

jwren
05-13-2005, 10:29 PM
bump

kellyotn
05-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi,

I have a TT. My oldest was 22 months and 30+ when DS was born. I didn't get it right away (stubbornly didn't think I'd need a double).

I too have a mere car and didn't want to use up my whole trunk as I like leaving it there just in case I'll need it where ever I end up. We also basically live in two houses, so I do actually schlep it AND luggage and other gear in a car with no problems. It takes up approx 1/2 of my trunk front to back. VERY light stuff can be put on the stroller wheels (jackets, blankets, etc.)

I have used it on grass, its not great, but definitely workable if you're just wanting to go from point A to point B. Its STURDY, which was why I picked it over the other side-by-side umbrellas. The toddler could walk I suppose on really bumpy terrain, but I've never had to do that.

Its great for shopping. If the store is such that a bulky Graco single can fit, so can it.

I got it when my youngest was a couple months old. It does recline well and has the leg extenders and a head halo thingy (and the free Snuzzler), but I have no experience with using it with a "new" newborn. I used the car seat then. (I never really had to go too many places alone.)

My DD doesn't pester the baby. If he's reclined, he's too far behind her really. She'd have to contort herself, not to say she wouldn't/couldn't, but its not common.

The baskets are OK (there are two separate ones, so they are "small" in that regard), no cupholder (I think mine's a 2004 though, that may be changed), a velcro small pocket on the back of each seat (keys, cell phone, wallet sized). The boot is nice for the baby, never used it for the toddler.

Hope that helps some. I researched here a lot before I bought it. A search should bring them up (search for Traveller and Traveler, I see it both ways). I got mine at travelingtikes too, FWIW.

I don't know about buying in advance, a deal is a deal, but I hate buying stuff and then new stuff comes along too. :-)

jwren
05-23-2005, 04:56 PM
thanks I bought it last week, didn't want to pass up the deal, hope I don't regret it. I went and looked at it twice before buying it and tried DS in it, it's great, just seems perfect and rides nice, better than my single aria single by peg perego! thanks :)

PS: I called Maclaren and the next time that they do any changes (if any) to the stroller isn't till next year and I would have bought it before then anyway.

kellyotn
05-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Cool! I don't visit the stroller section much (TOOOOO much temptation), or I'd have responded earlier. :-)