PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Swing or Waltz?

lilbit
05-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi. Been a lurker on these boards for ages....due to being completely overwhelemed with strollers I finally need to chime in ;)

DD is just about 6 mos now and has grown uncomfortable in her snugride. I've got a Britax RA on the way...my bigger probelm is that we can't use the snap and go now so we are looking for a good all around stroller (LOL....isn't everyone??). In and out of the car, mall, occaisional travel, park, beach etc.

I thought we'd narrowed it down to the P3 or the Zippy (which really seems 6 in one half-dozen in the other....)....we test drove both and DD seemed comfortable. However now I have stumbled on the Zooper....seems like its worth considering as well. I haven't been able to test drive these yet. Should I? What are the differences between the Waltz and the Swing? Is one better than the other?

Another note...DH really liked the Inglesina Espresso but I didn't care for the draw string recline and there wasn't enough padding for DD....she seemed to be sliding around in there. I did really like the handle bar set up though on this one.

Sorry for the book....appreciate any of you expert advice :)

Budino918
05-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Hi there,

I'm anxious to see replies to this, as I could have written your post almost verbatim a few weeks ago!

I was also considering the P3 or Zippy, and test drove them a few times. I liked the Zippy's fold, natch, and dd looked comfy, but I liked the color combos better in the Peg and the fact that it came with a snacky bar (IIRC). The big thing for me was that my feet would kick the wheels in the Zippy--I think they're spaced a little too close together, as I'm 5'4", so it's clearly not a height thing. But I still wasn't sold.

THEN I noticed that BBB also had the Waltz (hiding in a corner), which I'd only seen in pictures, so I gave that a go, too.

I LOVED it. DD looked comfy, happy; it steered really well, has a back break footbar, and folds to be freestanding: a feature I really liked in the Zippy. It comes with all kinds of accessories. And is so much less expensive than the other 2 options, that I felt like I could buy the Waltz AND a good lightweight travel option later (Volo, SC micro), spending the same $300 thereabouts. I thought my search was over...but then I wondered about the Swing.

I haven't tried it IRL. It seems a bit plusher, heavier, and the only 2 differences I could see by reading up were: the handlebars are different (Swing's are adjustable and 2 separate handles, Waltz's are not and one big bar. But the 6'3" guy demonstrating the waltz said my 6' dh would be fine, and it still seemed to steer ok with one hand) and there is a foot extender, so my very little 6 mo's feet wouldn't be dangling off. It also has a little strip of fabric to separate out db's legs, whereas the waltz just has open space. I've also been reading up that the folds are different, and that even though the swing is heavier, it folds up smaller...? Can anyone confirm?

Which one to get?

PS I had the same thoughts as you did about the espresso--hated the drawstring and it felt really cheaply made. Liked the handlebar. I was disappointed, since it looks so cute!

Splash
05-15-2005, 08:59 AM
If you like the espresso, you will probably like the waltz. I've only fiddled with in IRL a few times, but liked it.
I LOVE the swing. Perfect stroller IMO. It has everything you would want (or at least, everything I want) and still not too heavy. I was all set to buy a swing when I stumbled upon some old ZStreets NIB on eBay for $90. I bought one, sight unseen, and I LOVE IT! It is pretty much exactly like the swing, with two minor differences (minor to me at least)- the recline you need two hands for... it's down by the wheels, instead of up on the back of the seat. After you do it a few times it's really easy. Second- the handlebars to not extend, and they don't have the cushy finger grips. Like I said, really minor (to me). I've been toying with buying a waltz as well for DP, who prefers a single handlebar... or possibly an old zooper sport, very similar to my ZStreet but with a single handlebar.
The swing is an awesome stroller... I LOVED the Zippy and thought that was my first choice... well... between the Zippy and the Swing, I might have gone for the Zippy if it were the same price but it is nowhere near. But I LOVE the one I have now, exact same as the Swing except for those two differences I mentioned, and under $100.

lilbit
05-15-2005, 09:23 AM
LOL, at least I am not alone! Funny, we were at BBB and couldn't find any Zoopers! I asked for them and the guy looked at me like I was nuts.

The foot extender is important to me too...that's the other thing I didn't like about the Espresso.

lenad
05-18-2005, 12:27 AM
I have the Waltz, as I was looking for a lightweight option. If weight is not an issue, get a Swing. The perks are nice. I also wish I had the strip that separates baby's legs as my dd likes to sit holding the napper bar.

LD

lilbit
05-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks for your opinions :)

I ordered the 2005 swing from tinyride.com today. I really wanted the lighter weight waltz, but decided I need the extendable handlebars on the swing! I am only 5'4" but I have really short arms so always end up standing close to strollers and kicking the bottom/back which drives me nuts ;-)

pittsburghgirl
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I think you'll be happy with the Swing. We have a ZStreet and love it.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

JenniferMC1971
05-18-2005, 05:03 PM
I've been thinking about buying a Waltz, and I see it's on sale now at tinyride.com for $155. But I'm not due till early Sept. so I'm hesitant about purchasing things now. I was thinking about just going with a Snugride plus a Snap N Go, but reading on these message boards how quickly some babies grow out of their infant car seats (four months, some have said) and that some parents question leaving their babies in the car seat for extended periods of time is making me reconsider. I didn't know that was an issue. I've seen some parents around town with the Snap N Gos and when I ask they say they love it. But I could save that $50 and apply it towards a Waltz, which takes a car seat anyway and would last several years, hopefully. Any suggestions?

Jennifer, due with my first baby 9/2/05