PDA

View Full Version : Darren & others....Magnum question

Gracie
05-15-2005, 08:31 PM
I am very interested in the Magnum w/allum chassis, but my concern is whether or not it will fit in our cars (Corolla & Accord). I'll be using it for neighborhood walks, but will want to put it in the trunk 1-3x a week. Any thoughts as to whether it will fit? And if it does fit, does it take up all the room?

Strollerqueen & Darren, thanks very much for your reviews of the Liberty & Magnum. I learned so much, it's almost like I've seen them IRL!
As always, all your thoughts are appreciated.
Grace

CPSDarren
05-15-2005, 11:00 PM
It's pretty big. The chassis is similar in width and length to a full size Graco/Evenflo type stroller. With the Magnum seat, the height is bigger so it takes up even more room. On the plus side, it's very easy to separate them to try and fit them. Still, with a small or mid size car, this probably won't be a very good daily stroller you take everywhere. With a minivan or larger SUV it would be fine.

Darren
www.seatcheck.net

Gracie
05-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Darren, thanks for your input. Now that you've had it a while, could you comment on the Allum chassis indoors & outdoors? I'm wondering about the wheels & suspension. Does it have good manueverability in stores, or is it a bit big for that? Does it continue to do well on outdoor surfaces, such as uneven streets & grass? Would the child be comfortable going over bumps?
TIA,
Grace

CPSDarren
05-17-2005, 10:50 AM
It seems to be a very good balance. Indoors the maneuverability is very good, as good or better than the more expensive umbrella strollers. For size, it's not wide like some joggers, it's similar to a full size mass market Graco or Evenflo stroller. It is fine indoors.

Outdoors, it is as good on uneven sidewalks and grass as any other full size stroller with large wheels. It is much better than the typical Euro umbrella or full size stroller with smaller wheels. On the other hand, it still won't be as smooth as a good bouncy pram chassis with large wheels or a terrain/jogging stroller with air inflated tires.

My olny real complaints are that the basket could be bigger and the chassis could be a bit more robust, especially for the folding/unfolding mechanism. Not that it's bad- it's still nicer than the many mass market models. Even so, for the price it could be smoother and more solid.

Darren
www.seatcheck.net