PDA

View Full Version : e3 harness problems?

SASM
05-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Has anyone else's toddlers been able to escape in seconds?? I strap Ian in with the full 5-point, nice and tight, and he is flipped facing me and out of the harness in less than 15 seconds FLAT ~ slides down the front and onto the toy department he goes!!! :( Am I doing something wrong here or is it just my kid??????

TIA!

vikivoly
05-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Do you have it tight enough? We haven't had any problems like that, but then again DD#1 isn't exactly a "go-getter". Maybe you do have a Houdini on your hands. :)

SASM
05-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi Vicki,

They are as taunt as I can possibly get them. :( It really is mind blowing! I am eagerly awaiting the response from P&T's. Besides, because of his activity, the stitching is starting to pull the straps away from the seat. I do not know why they designed the second seat's straps to be inside the seat and then double back to restrain. Why not have them come from behind the seat ~ would add more natural reinforcement to the strap. Wouldn't you think?? Strange.

Thank you :)

vikivoly
05-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Oooh, I don't like that about the straps either. I actually thought mine was a mistake at first. I find that it's a pain to put DD in the seat because the harness is flipped forward. Personally, I think they're entire harness design is a little goofy. They are so huge. So is it the rear seat he is escaping from? If it's the front, would it help to use the cross bar?

SASM
05-16-2005, 12:02 AM
It IS the double seat but in the toddler/infant mode so the napper bar isn't an option. :( I am so glad that you understand what I mean!! It was difficult trying to phrase the stitching problem to P&T's. I'll let you know how they respond :)

vikivoly
05-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Ohhhh, we're in toddler/toddler mode, so I wasn't even thinking about the front rider using the add on seat. Duhh! Sorry. And yes, please post their response to your harness question. :)

sobers3
05-16-2005, 06:16 AM
Oh I am the mother and grand-mother of 2 Houdinis! I had an E3v2 with the same problem. If you look closely at the seat there are 2 D rings on each seat. I bought add-on harnesses at the store. You will have to make the side staps as short as possible so he can't hang over the side if they are too long. I bought mine at Kids Palace in Paterson, NJ. Theirs were nicely made and they had red to blend with my stroller and with the zipper up the back, but I'm sure there are baby shops near you with similar ones. It's a little more work to harness them in that way, but being able to shop or get errands done is worth it. GL Mary