PDA

View Full Version : ABC with toddler seat on top, is this tippy with a preschooler

JamiMac
05-16-2005, 10:13 AM
in the seat? How does it steer?

sbaker
05-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi Jami,

How big is your preschooler?

I just got my ABC w/toddler seat today. We took it for a quick ride around our pond tonight. I had my 34# 3 year old in the toddler seat and my 30# 16 month old in the stroller seat. I was actually surprised at how stable it was. Also, it steers and pushes a LOT easier than I expected.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

JamiMac
05-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Thanks Sara! It looks as if it might tip backwards with my DD's weight. That was my only concern. DD is 40lbs. and almost 42". That's interesting about the steering. I found the Valco to be quite a challenge with her in the toddler seat, but steered great with just the baby. Are the wheels quick release on the ABC? Do you by chance have any pics yet?

sbaker
05-16-2005, 10:41 PM
DH was really critical when he saw it because he was sure that it would be tippy. After pushing it he agreed that his fears were unfounded.

I thought it steered better with both kids in it than with just DD in the seat and it most definitely steers better than my Valco Twin. I haven't tried the Valco w/toddler though.

Yes, the wheels are quick release.

What pics would you like to see? If you want to email me off board my email address is sbaker at swbell dot net.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03