PDA

View Full Version : Airplane travel with the Bugaboo

bugaboomomma
05-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi,

does anyone have any advice on airplane travel and the bugaboo. I know there is a carrier for the bugaboo, but I would rather nothave to spend the additional $120. Is it absolutely necessary?

Thanks
JC

lmarcam
05-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Honestly, I would strongly recc. not bringing your bugaboo on the airplane--the odds of damage or loss are pretty high. I traveled with my snap and go and it definitely was a little more scratched up after the trip. If you do a search, most posters here don't recc. using a stroller bag as the stroller then gets thrown in with the regular luggage.

bugaboomomma
05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Thank you so much for your reponse. I am definitly going to take your advice and bring my umbrella stroller instead. The bugaboo is much too precious to me and Madeline my 6 month old daughter!!!!

Thanks,
Bugaboomomma

DebbieJ
05-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Yep, I wouldn't take it.

The first time we travled by plane with ds my P3 got messed up and needed a new chassis! I had to sent it off to Peg and pay like ~$150!! Thankfully, we got the airline to pay for it.

The next time we flew, I put it in a stroller bag and it almost got sent out with the checked luggage. I was standing there waiting and waiting and the captain finally went down and retrieved it for me.

Have a great trip!

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-21-2005, 09:04 AM
I agree. I don't have a Bug - I have a P3. We had some cosmetic damage to it. The snack tray is super scratched up. I might order a new one and use the scratched one just for airline travel so I don't have to use a scratched snack tray all the time. Neurotic I know. Especially since the P3 is a "second" stroller. I also have a Venezia, which I wouldn't dream of putting in an airplane because I'd be lost if that one got damaged.

nola
05-27-2005, 02:54 PM
I'd check it at the baggage counter and use a carrier to the gate.
I brought my stroller on vacation and found the security checks etc to be too much hassel folding with the baby and other bags.
I was so glad to check it on the way back.
But, I should tell you that when I gate checked they returned the stroller with the sun visor half detached and the wheel socket broken. I had to order a new wheel socket from bugaboo. What a hassel.
I would still bring the stroller on vacation because thats what I bought it for. When we go on vacation we really want our favorite stroller.
N

DisneyLovnMom
05-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I'd invest in a good bag and take the one you want to have with you the most.

We flew across country with our e3 + doubles and all the accessories in a travel bag, got it back at the gate without problem at all, it's still in perfect condition!

I've done international travel with strollers in the bag also and have never had a problem not getting them back at the gate.