PDA

View Full Version : Could a Chariot Cougar used as a stroller replace my MBUD?

sugarsnappea
05-17-2005, 07:10 AM
DH is in the process of getting me a Chariot, and a new bike for my birthday. Yippee! He seems to think that we would use the Chariot for everything that we used to use the MBUD for, except mall crawling. I have done a ton of searches on this board and know you all love your Chariots.

But, do you really use them as your neighborhood outdoor stroller? I know the weight limit less than the MBUD. What about the height? I am about to drop some $$ on a Extended Canopy for the MB, and another sunshade. I am wondering if I could just sell it and use the Chariot in it's place. One more thing, how easy is it to fold, get in/out of the car etc.?

DH plan is to sell the MBUD and buy a MBUS with a footboard for the mall and other occasions when a single may be useful. I am so impressed with the amount of research he put into this. He told me he even tried to find this board. :)

goobersmom
05-17-2005, 01:07 PM
The Cougar 2 is awesome as a bike trailer and as an outdoor stroller as well. I use mine as my only outdoor stroller with either the jogging wheel or strolling wheels depending on where we're going. I've always been tempted by the MBUD but for the $$$, I'm glad I got the Cougar 2 because it's so much more versatile.

The main differences between the two is that the Cougar does not recline and has less storage. I like that the Cougar has the bug/sun/rain cover which I like for really sunny days or for winter as it totally encloses the stroller.

I guess if you're going to use the Cougar in all of its setups (bike/jog/stroll) and the lack of recline doesn't matter, then I could see using it as an outdoor stroller and not needing an MBUD. For full-time strolling, the MBUD would be better.

As for fitting in a car, it's relatively to pop off the wheels and fold. It fits in the back of my Subaru Forester this way (with my dog back there too:)

sugarsnappea
05-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, you have me sold. :)
My kids have never liked to recline in a stroller, so that reclining feature of the MBUD is worthless.

Now you say that you use the jogger or strolling wheels depending on where you are going... I am not a jogger, would I find this accessory useful at all? Thanks for your help.

goobersmom
05-18-2005, 09:44 AM
I got the jogging wheel when I got the bike trailer not knowing what the strolling wheels actually looked like. They are some heavy duty wheels and do great outside on pavement so unless you're going to be using it over dirt trails, grass, or other really rough terrain, then you probably don't need the jogging wheel. The strolling wheels will swivel also which makes it so much easier to maneuver than with the jogging wheel.

HTH!