PDA

View Full Version : Which double stroller (Tango, Twin Traveller or Aria Twin)?

jacksmom0902
05-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Hello all,

Like many others here I've read and researched and still can't make a decision about a double stroller. A little background on my situation - I have a 2 1/2 year old DS (39" and about 34 lbs.), a 2 month old DS (24" and about 15 lbs.), and I'm 5'11". I currently have a P3 that my oldest son really enjoys and still wants to ride and sleep in (we just hang his legs over the snack tray when he sleeps!). I want to get a SBS and am currently looking at the Zooper Tango,the Maclaren Twin Traveller, and the Peg Aria Twin. Given the size of my children and my height, which stroller do you think would best suit my needs? This will mainly be used for mall crawling, strolling through parks and the zoo, and general suburbia around-town errands. With the Zooper I'm concerned about the single hood and the width of the stroller, with the Maclaren I'm concerned that my boys won't like the seats and that I'll kick the middle wheels and with the Aria I'm concerned about the steering and handling the weight of my two boys. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Karla

Edensmum
05-17-2005, 11:26 PM
I have a quest and an Aria(single) I like the Aria hands down over the Mac. The mac is a good umbrella but I would not want it instead of the aria. I like the napper bar and that dd can sit totally upright in it, it's nearly full recline, it handles bumps and uneven pavement better than the mac. Etc. I also had an issue with the Mac and while I can't comment on PP's customer service I can say Mac's is absolutley aweful!
I do think the mac steers nicer on a smooth surface and definately has a better weight limit.
I just think the features of the aria are better. I think it's a much comfier stroller for dd. I also think the Mac is a little more delicate and the perego takes were and tear better. I may be of an unpopular opinion on this tough. I know a lot fo people don't care for their aria's
Go to BRU and test drive em both with the kids.

Eden 9/04

JerseyMom
05-18-2005, 09:17 AM
My only recommendation is to pay attention to weight limits per child. Many of the doubles don't accomodate children over 35lbs. The 05 Mac TT is the most generous, allowing for two 50lbs children. Having a 37+lbs 2 year old sealed our Mac TT fate. We are very happy with it.