PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually own a zooper tango?

kcenya
05-17-2005, 12:47 PM
I've searched the archives and I haven't found a single first hand account, other than the picture thread and that poster hadn't used the stroller yet.

I'm a little late asking, since I already bought one, but I'd like to inquire:

What height was your older child when he or she couldn't nap/extend the canopy? Has the width has been an issue IRL? I have schlepped around a double baby jogger, so I figure it has to be better than that. Has anyone used the straps to secure a snugride into the 2004? Could big sibling get at the baby in that configuration?

kcenya
05-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Well that was fast! they said to give it two weeks but it got here on the 3rd business day from when I ordered it. It looks great, I haven't had a chance to take spin yet, but my older one is begging to, he's so excited to ride with the baby, and the seats look very comfy. The height issue won't bother us for quite some time, although if he were about 3 inches taller napping might be uncomfortable. A few features (like the boot and safety netting for the fully reclined position) would only be useful for twin infants, not toddler legs. It seems narrow enough to me but I'll have to put it to the test more.

marit
05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Would you please measure the length between the back of the seat and the where the canopy starts? If a child seats stright up against the back of the stroller how much room would he/she have?

Thanks!

calv
05-20-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm sooooooooooo excited, I'm suppose to be getting mine today. I'm scared yet thrilled to see it. It says the packages is 41 lbs. OUCH! :D BTW, which color did you end up ordering? I got Navy.

kcenya
05-20-2005, 10:01 AM
I got navy too. I could barely lift the package into the house, but the stroller doesn't seem heavy to push or anything. I'll measure the back when I get a chance, it's socked away in the trunk of the car right now.

calv
05-20-2005, 10:09 AM
if you're up to taking pics, I'd love to see some. BTW, did it come w/a little baggie to hang on the handle? looks like you can put a cell phone or water bottle in it. TIA.

kcenya
05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
It did, it was about the right size for a wallet/keys/cellphone, probably not great for a water bottle. The under baskets are awesome though, and accessible even when the seats are fully reclined. Sorry I can't do pics... my 7 week old and 2.5 year old are severely limiting my activities ; ).

calv
05-20-2005, 01:01 PM
no problem, thanks so much for the info!!!!! I'm dieing for UPS to show up and baby #2 isn't even here yet, LOL.

marit
05-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks for sharing. I can't wait for the measurement. It is currently the only thing that stands between me and this purchase. Oh, and I am due on Monday... (May 23rd).

kcenya
05-21-2005, 03:08 PM
22 inches, hope it helps!

marit
05-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Thank you so much!

I have one last question. Can you snap the napper bar on and off. I want DD to be able to climb in and out of the stroller without me having to lift her.

Thanks again,

kcenya
05-21-2005, 11:57 PM
it comes off but doesn't swing open... I don't think you're supposed to take it off and reattach it regularly. My 2.5 year old leapt right into it with the napper bar in place though.

marit
05-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Thank you! Does your 2.5 yo fit in it with the canopy open? I just came back from seeing tons of strollers in 3 different stores, but of course the only one I can not see is the Zooper. My alternative right now, believe it or not, is the Graco duo rider from baby depot. I never thought I would consider a Graco, but here I am... Do you think the Zooper can be my in-and-out of the car stroller or is it absolutely too heavy? Can you post a picture (maybe with DD in there?) ???

Thanks!!

kcenya
05-22-2005, 07:39 PM
DS is 2.5, and fits in there with plenty of room (more than in our BOB jogger actually, with the canopies down). I plan for it to be my in and out of car stroller, so I hope it works for that ; ). It's been pouring all weekend so I haven't messed with it. He is just a bit above average in height, wearing 3Ts. I have seen the gracos in person and they are tanks, this is a much more manageable size for me. My friend with the graco had to stop using it because her 4 year old got to big, but I imagine he's reaching the limits with any stroller (she's taken to hauling them in a wagon). I need to work to get the hang of the zooper fold/unfold mechanism, I'm sort of ashamed to admit I'll need my husband to walk me through it a couple times, that will really be the test of it being a good in and out of car stroller, I have no issue lifting the 30 pounds. Honestly if your other option is the graco, I'd jump on the zooper deal.

marit
05-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I just bought the Zooper, FINALLY! I've been going back and forth with this decision for months, as if I'm choosing a husband or something... I finally figured that even if it doesn't work for me, it is worth the $150 just to stop obsessing!

Due date is tomorrow... please think happy (fast) thoughts for me :)

kcenya
05-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Fast, easy labor vibes to you!!

calv
05-23-2005, 10:41 AM
congrats on getting the stroller. Hope that yoru labor is quick and smooth!

BTW, anyone thought of a cupholder or infant feeding tray that would work well w/our zoopers? TIA!