PDA

View Full Version : All terrain or jogger with baby tray?

goldiegirl
05-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Hello there,

Can anybody recommend an all-terrain or swivel-wheel jogger that has a child tray,is not too wide/clunky, and steers relatively easy w/ one hand (while walking dog)? Tall order, I know!

I'm currently going back and forth b/w a Babytrend Jogger (has the tray but doesn't fit in my trunk when folded and swerves to the left despite having a bike shop look at it) and a Maclaren Techno which my daugther hates. I've come to the realization that she will last twice as long in the stroller if she has a tray and I'll mostly be using this stroller outside for walks.

I LOVED the feel of the Eddie Bauer vector but the seat back is way too short for my daughter (30"). The only other one I've seen is the Jeep Liberty Limited which seems and harder to turn w/ one hand if walking t he dog. :)

Would appreciate any suggestions, maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing!
Stacy

kath0469
05-17-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't know much about the steering or quality of this brand .. but it's a all-terrain with swivel wheel and snack tray.
http://www.letsgostrolling.com/page/page/1822392.htm

kath0469
05-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Here's another
http://strollers.baby-gaga.com/instep-safari.php

suzhatch1
05-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Check out the Valco Everest:

http://stores.kiwi-kid.com/Search.bok?category=01%5C%3A+SINGLE+STROLLERS%3AAl l-Terrain%3A--Valco

Valco has a reliable name in all-terrain strollers & this is one of there newest models that combines a lot of "parent comforts" with the design of a 3-wheel all-terrain stroller. It has a child snack tray, a parent tray w/cup holder & small storage area, an underbasket & a swivel wheel. It also reclines almost nearly horizotally & vertically (at least that's what it says on their site). Plus it's decently priced at $199.

The weight looks to be a few lbs heavier than some of the other all-terrain strollers out there, but if you consider you are adding a lot of creature comforts like 2 snack trays, a larger basket, & a bit more stuff, then I guess that could be expected. If it's going to be your outdoor walking stroller that you keep at home or in the garage it would probably be great. You just may not want to lug it in & out of your car everyday.

HTH!
Suz

goldiegirl
05-18-2005, 01:12 PM
thanks so much! these all look like great options. of course, now i'm getting pickier and thinking, ok, which one would i be able to put in my trunk (honda accord) if i needed to...i'll check out that joggingstroller.com website to see if i can find the folded dimensions.

thanks to all of you - i'm definitely going to go w/ one of these. now, just how to position the purchase to my husband... ;)

thx,
stacy

HIU8
05-18-2005, 01:39 PM
We have the InStep Safari TT. It's one of the more inexpensive joggers with a swivel or lock front wheel option. It is actually really nice. It's easy to steer, DS always falls asleep in it. I have never folded it and put it in my car, but I know it only folds half way and then the wheels can be disengaged.

HTH

Heather

sdjeppa
05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
I have the Jeep Liberty, and I do really love it. Is it the quality of my Zooper? No, but I don't expect it to be. I can steer it one handed really easily. DS loves riding in it. For the price, I think its worth it.

Jenny,Mommy to Zachary 9-27-03

goldiegirl
05-19-2005, 11:13 PM
thanks so much. i have been eyeing the jeep liberty stroller. it is pretty affordable....but i don't want to buy a cheaper stroller and get burned later (as i did w/ my horrible babytrend jogger). i think i'm now debating b/w that, the instep (lighter but some say too wide to fit into doorframes) and the valco everest (heavier and i can't find it anywhere to test drive!).

thanks!

JodiM
05-19-2005, 11:53 PM
If you decide to go with the jeep liberty, TRU has a 20% off 1 item coupon right now (good until the 21st?) that you could use on it.. and one good thing about BRU/TRU is their return policy.

Of course, the Everest is a great stroller.