PDA

View Full Version : Missing a stroller? ;)

MarisaSF
05-17-2005, 09:56 PM
For the past couple days I've seen the same Golden-Gate-Park dweller walking all his stuff around in a stroller. I guess he prefers the steering over that of a shopping cart? Of course, I need to know what kind of stroller it is. DH got so mad when I took my eyes off the road while driving to try to identify it, but I haven't gotten a good look yet. It has a hood and a tray/bumper bar. The "body" looks like a Peg, but the wheels and "legs" look different. I'll let you know if I get a good glimpse. ;) Anyhoo, if your stroller got stolen in San Francisco, you can find it cruising around Stanyan and Fell around 7:30 am.

No flames please! This is all meant tongue-in-cheek, of course, and I am fully aware (okay, not fully) of how hard it is to be homeless. I'm a supporter of public assistance and mental health/drug treatment programs, donate money and volunteer time to local services, etc. Why do I feel like I need to say all that? You know what I mean... :)

strollerqueen
05-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Since my city has passed a law that homeless can no longer push their belongings in shopping carts, (due to complaints from grocery stores about the high rates of thefts and replacment costs), they now all push--strollers! Most of them are high-end prams, too. It's kind of interesting to be driving along, catch a glimpse of a really cool stroller, and it is piled high with all the rags and bags of some poor unfortunate soul. (And yes, I feel badly for them too. And the problem seems endless, and many people here are working to solve it. But in the meantime, lock up your strollers!)

jesseandgrace
05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Hmmm, I've got a few I could donate, seriously!

writeleigh
05-18-2005, 03:42 PM
That's interesting. I have not seen that happen here yet.

betsydenny
05-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah, it is pretty common here in NYC. I do get a pang when I see a great stroller under all the stuff, tho generally they are beat up Macs or super old Pegs.

Betsy