PDA

View Full Version : better to have more recline positions?

mzchung
05-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Hello mommies...this first time stroller buyer has a quick question.

How important is having a lot of recline positions? The stroller I am looking at (combi i-thru) only has 3: one that is full recline, and only two 'sitting-up' positions. I see that some strollers offer up to 5 positions--will I regret having only three on my (potential) stroller? Thanks.

Edensmum
05-17-2005, 11:06 PM
The important thing is full recline feature, I think. I basically use is fully reclined or almost totally upright since DD likes to really sit upright. I think 3 positions would be good. If you can sit em up all the way and lay em down all the way a partial recline is all you would need otherwise.

Eden 9/04

Susann
05-17-2005, 11:25 PM
3 is definitely enough. All I ever used was the full recline when baby slept, 45 degrees when baby was too small to sit up but big enough to enjoy seeing the world and fully upright when baby was bigger and wide awake.

Susann

lenad
05-18-2005, 12:34 AM
I totally agree w/ pps. My dd (now 7.5mo) has only been sitting totally upright or sleeping (full recline) for ~3 months now. Before that we occasionally used a mid-recline as well. So it isn't the number of positions, it is the full recline and full upright that are important.

LD

swampus
05-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Five positions is totally overkill. I only ever used 3--straight up for wide awake strolls... middle position if I thought dd was getting tired and might fall asleep... then the full recline to gently lay her down when she had fallen asleep. I can't imagine a need for 5 positions!

swampus
05-20-2005, 11:46 AM
deleted duplicate post... somehow it got posted 3 times--sorry!

swampus
05-20-2005, 11:47 AM
deleted duplicate post