PDA

View Full Version : Jogger type stroller - Am I being realistic?

jamierush
05-18-2005, 12:02 PM
I have decided I need another stroller for my neighborhood walks. We recently moved and this new neighborhood does not have smooth streets or roads. I really just want a cheeper "jogger" type stroller that will make it over a uneven sidewalk without coming to a slaming halt LOL!

I figure that really it will only be used thru summer and maybe into Dec when we get really cold. My 2 yo is 38.5 inches and 33 lbs, so I imagine that next spring she will be way to big for a stoller?

Can I get a recommendation for a stroller that is more on the average lower price point, to fit my needs? More than likely it will never be folded up except for maybe 1-2 daytrip family events at the lake, and even then maybe not.

Thanks, this board was a big help in selecting my Mac and my SC, so hopefully I will find hopefully my 4th and "final" stroller.

HIU8
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
DH and I got an InStep Safari TT jogger (it has the swivel front wheel option that also locks for jogging). It was fairly inexpensive compared to other joggers. We use it for neighborhood walking and some light jogging and love it. It is easy to steer and DS falls asleep in it every time we go out. We do not have sidewalks in our neighborhood and the streets are really bumpy. the stroller works realy well. It has a sunshade that could be larger and a basket that you have to get to on the side, but it also has a nice large covered pocket on the back and the handle is adjustable.

HTH

Heather

Edensmum
05-18-2005, 08:25 PM
here's a Quinny with lots of features that is really tempting me.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3610505&cat=164193&type=1&dept=101848&path=0%3A101848%3A187128%3A229151%3A229103
Eden 9/04

Andrea5flk
05-18-2005, 10:16 PM
HI, I just got a Kolcraft Jeep jogging stroller, and I love it. I couldnt belive that after owning about 50 strollers I went back to a Kolcraft. I got it for walking outside while my older son rides his bikes, and I have to say I love it, as do the boys. My older son doesnt want to ride his bike because he wants to be in the stroller!!

I got it at WalMart for $130ish I think, I got the one with the steering wheel, but TRU has one for $99 without the steering wheel. I have pictures if you want to email me. You really get a lot for the price.

HTH