PDA

View Full Version : What are the must-have accessories for the MBUS - Sun Cover? Rain Cover? What else?

Calla
05-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I just placed an order for a 2005 MBUS in silver. Now I need to decide what accessories to get. What have you found most useful?

I've seen multiple sun covers as well. Which one is best?

This is all so confusing!!!

gatorsmom
05-18-2005, 08:29 PM
I use my MB sun/bug cover all the time. In fact, nearly every time I go for a walk I use it. I've heard good things about the Protect a bub covers but have never used one. I ordered the MB cover along with both my MB strollers so it's all i've ever known and I love it.

As for the rain/storm cover, I rarely use it. I bought one for my 2003 MBUS and used it so little that I didn't even bother to order one for my 2005 MBUD.

When I bought my 2003 MBUS I ordered the Kiddopotamus Snuzzler and love it. Now, though, I hear great things about the Bowron Fleece (which I hadn't heard of in 2003). I would, however, recommend some sort of soft, cushioned liner especially if you will be using the stroller for an infant.

In addition to the sun/bug cover, the other accessory I used all the time was the MB car seat clip while my son was still in his infant carseat carrier. In fact, I stripped all the fabric from the MBUS and used it almost exclusively with the car seat clip and infant carrier (except when I would exercise/walk outside- then it was more comfortable for him in the hammock seat).

I also have the Strollr Swivelr hook thingys (not sure of their exact name). You can pick up a pack at Babies R US. They are really handy for hanging bags from. Lastly, I have attached a drink holder to the handle bars. I used this alot with my 2003MBUS but it's not as necessary with the 2005 because of the additional cup-holders on the basket. However, it's still nice to have that drink right at your fingertips. :)

HTH. Enjoy your new MBUS!

Calla
05-19-2005, 05:49 PM
JoggingStroller.com sells "Sun, Wind & Insect Protector for the Mountain Buggy Urban by Sasha's" in addition to "Sun/Bug Canopy" the main difference I see is that one is black mesh and the other white. Any idea which is easier to see out of? Or any other relative advantages of one over the other?

gatorsmom
05-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I don't know anything about those other sun/bug covers. I've seen some on the internet that look like they stretch over the stroller and look like something my son would be pulling on all the time. I don't know if either of those that you mentioned do that. And there may be other advantages to those covers that the MB cover doesn't have. I just know that I really like that my son can't reach the MB cover because it's stiff and stands out away from the stroller forming what looks like a "bubble".

Leo
06-22-2005, 06:37 PM
I had a tough time finding the MB suncover in black. Several stores had it in navy but I didn't think that navy would match my red and black MBUS. My local store recommended the cover from Sasha's and I'm impressed. The quality is very good (the store thought it is a little better than the MBUS cover) and it fits perfectly.

The mesh/screen is gray, not white and appears to be easy for the baby to see out of.

jp96
06-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Do you think your child is able to see out well with this cover? I don't want to obstruct my child's view in any way, but the canopy on the MBUS is skimpy.

Thanks