PDA

View Full Version : On the verge of a nervous breakdown! LOL!

wiza
05-18-2005, 10:44 PM
I recently purchased a SC Micro to use for our upcoming trip. Everything about it is great (including the pink color). However, I started feeling guilty about my little 6 and a half months old sitting in a stroller for long hours and not being able to recline to take naps, etc!

So...you guessed it! I'm on the market for yet another stroller. Here are my specs:

1. Lightweight (12 lbs or less)
2. Full recline
3. Large -almost oversized- canopy
4. $100 or less ($130 max)
5. One-hand fold or super easy to fold.
6. Easy to carry, strap would be nice.
7. Front bar (not so important)
8. Pink (ok, I've taken it too far) ;)

A local retailer is offering me a good deal on both the 2004 Inglesina Swift and the Comby Savvy Soho DX ($65 for either) but, for the life of me, I can't make up my mind! I just don't feel the love for either of those strollers but I'm trying to stay focus on the real issue (my baby's comfort). I'm also willing to let go of my beloved SC in pink and replace it with another lightweight stroller that has all the above features (awe, if only my SC reclined...:()

Do you have any suggestions? Our trip is fast approaching and I'm driving my husband nuts! Please help me. TIA!

kijip
05-19-2005, 01:39 AM
If you could do with a partial recline, why not swap up for a Mini?

jesseandgrace
05-19-2005, 10:56 AM
I think soon your baby will be more comfortable in a partial recline and not a full recline, so you should be fine with a partial. I would consider the mini, or go with the inglesia espresso in pink, it sounds perfect for you! There is another post about the espresso for $99.00 from the Right Start, but just the red and blue.

Deborah_Hogan
05-19-2005, 01:26 PM
I can tell you about the Swift.

It reclines back a bit, which is nice.
It is 11-12 lbs.
It isn't tippy like Maclaren.
Basket okay.
Sunshade attaches or detaches easily.

There's no strap. I added my own using velcro, metal rings, and a luggage strap.

Most annoying thing: It doesn't self latch. I have to bend and hand latch it.

I haven't seen SC Micro in real life, but I can tell you that if I had to do it all over again, I'd have gone with the Mac Volo, because so lightweight, built in strap, self latch.

My older child used to slump over side and over bar, even though her stroller reclined and had a bar. I don't feel guilty about slumps. It doesn't seem to both them.

In short, I'd stick with your micro.

Hope this helps.

wiza
05-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Thank you ladies for your input

Katie- The only thing about the micro/mini is that the canopy seems kinda skimpy to me.If it came to that though, I wonder if the retailer I bought it from would exchange my micro for a mini...I've only used it twice for less than hour-long errands.

Jesse-I saw the Inglesina Espresso at the Right Start yesterday and I was *this* close to buying it. The red color is gorgeous. The reasons why I didn't buy are: it is 14 lbs, it does not fold "umbrella style" and its canopy seemed short. Other than that, it's got all the accessories one may need. I may have my husband look at it and see what he thinks since he's the one who will be carrying it.

Deborah-Thanks for your feedback on the Swift; based on your review, I may have eliminated it from my list of options. The SC Micro has all the options the Volo has. I chose the SC Micro over the Volo because it is more padded and, I got the Micro over the Mini because of the color (pink).

I should add that the reason why I'm trying to stick with umbrella type/compact strollers is because we have a PP Venezia which we love and we use as our everyday stroller. Having said that, I'd like to steer clear as much as possible from the bigger/heavier strollers so that we may use our lightweight for trips.

Please keep your suggestions coming. I would like to make a decision by the end of this week or next week at the latest (for my own sanity). I will definitely let you know which stroller I decide on!

So far:

Buy Swift - 0 ?
Swap for Mini - 2
Keep Micro -1
Buy DX - 0
Buy Espresso - 1