PDA

View Full Version : Where do you put your diaper bag on a lightweight stroller?

Wife_and_mommy
05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
I've been thinking again about the SC Micro/MacVolo for errands/quick runs out and am wondering what experienced moms do with their diaper bags.

Right now we have the Zippy and it holds our Skip*Hop fine on the handles even if dd comes out. From what I've read, the Micro/Volo will tip if I do that with them. So where would I put it? On the bottom? On my shoulder? Not take it with me? None of these options sounds very appealing to me so please share!

Thanks for responses!

E

mom to dd 4/5/2004

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Hooray for us! We've made it 13 months.

npace19147
05-19-2005, 09:51 PM
We have just been through this same issue, having gotten the SC Micro in pink. I put a smallish Lands End tote/diaper bag in the basket underneath. For a super quick trip, SC has a handy pocket in the back of the stroller hood that I can use for keys, burp cloth, wallet.

fairyfahrenholz
05-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Hello!

We have a small backpack diaperbag (think of a size for a young elementary school-age child) that we just toss in the basket of our Combi Savona. It fits perfectly standing up or laying down in the basket, but we usually stand it up so we can still use the front of the basket to store things.

HTH!

Kristen
Emma 5/5/04
Peanut 6/2/05

HIU8
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
I have something like a skip hop on my Mac Quest. I usually can take three diapers, a couple of bibs and burp cloths, desitin and wipes. Plus a couple of bottles. Even with DS out of the stroller it doesn't tip.

HTH

Heather

Wife_and_mommy
05-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Okay! So if I don't overload the SkipHop(which isn't really necessary for short trips, anyway) I'll still be able to hang it? Yipee! Here's hoping it'll work on one of the really lightweights! I'll cross my fingers. Thanks for your help!

E

mom to dd 4/5/2004

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Hooray for us! We've made it 13 months.

jimnyo
08-04-2005, 05:45 PM
hi,
just wondering how this worked out for you? i was looking at the micro too, but was worried about the tipping issue. any input? thanks!

lmwbasye
08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
If it doesn't work, another thing you might want to think about is a Diapees and Wipees...holds everything you need for a diaper change and super small. Would be great for a quick trip.

Here's the link: http://www.diapeesandwipees.com/

Laura :)

Liam (10/21)

ellies mom
08-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Wow, I could write your post down to the strollers and diaper bag. I also have a Zippy with the Red SkipHop. I just got the Micro in pink, so not only does the stroller tip, but it also clashes and in my mind the SH will take up the whole basket. I really don't like actually carrying a diaper bag.

I've pretty much decided to make a diaper bag and matching wristlet. I haven't decided if I want to go with a smaller version of the SH Dash or Fleurville Slingtote. Since it is intended for a pink stroller, it is a given that DH won't carry it, I think I might just go all "girl" out.

DebbieJ
08-05-2005, 08:52 AM
When I use the Volo, I convert my Kecci MommyBag to a backpack.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

DAKnits
08-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I have been using my Petunia Pickle Bag and my copy of the Kecci bag, which is a few inches wider than the Kecci, and the same length (now at BRU!!). If I didn't do it myself, I would NOT believe it. I was able to take my STUFFED Kecci-copy bag and stuff it in the basket underneath the VOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took very little maneuvering and then it slid in!!!!!!! I was more than shocked and totally happy because when I took my DD out of the stroller it didn't tip, due to the weight at the base of the stroller. This totally sold me on the stroller!

jimnyo
08-06-2005, 05:25 AM
do you stuff it in from the back, where the criss cross is, or the side or the front?

DAKnits
08-06-2005, 07:23 AM
I stuffed it in from the side, with a little push and twisting, and then it fell into the basket. I could NOT believe it. In fact, someone asked me where my diaper bag was, and when I showed her, she said "oh you must have a small diaper bag" (I had to laugh, I have never had a small bag in my LIFE, and actually get my suitcases tagged with the red HEAVY label at the airport!!!). When I pulled out my stuffed "kecci" copy bag, she was totally shocked! It is as big as my PBB boxy backpack bag, but the material is squishier.