PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Quinny Owners!

dietre_g
05-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Just as I am narrowing my search... I see a photo of the Quinny Zapp. What a cool stroller! I have been hoping for something to power walk with and to have the option to turn DS to face me. I also like the Speedi SX in the photos on their website. What do you think of these strollers? What are the dinemsions and the weight? How do they compare to the Zooper Boogie or the new Urban Advantage (these are on the top of my list right now)? Lastly, what do they cost and how hard is it to get them here in the states?? THanks a lot!!

Dietre F
New Mom to Evan Gregory
Born 3.15.05

holliam
05-20-2005, 07:41 AM
I have a Quinny Zapp, and we absolutely love it but I don't think it's what you're looking for if you want something to power walk and face DS.

We love it because it folds so compactly we can practically leave it in the car all the time. It's so easy to use in crowded places because it turns like nothing else. It also pushes so easily.

But, it doesn't recline, and thus I would not use it until my child could sit upright.

Our other stroller is a Zooper Zydeco and it's heavy and large but we love it too. We keep it mostly in the garage for neighborhood walks but it's easy enough to put it in our station wagon for the park too, just not as an every-day stroller.

We also use baby carriers a lot too so we really don't have an "all purpose" stroller, just these two more special situation type ones.

Holli

heatherlynn
05-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Are you thinking of the Quinny Buzz? If so, I think there may be one on Swap for sale.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and surprise! edd 11/05

schatje1
05-20-2005, 12:30 PM
I have the Speedi Sx and LOVE it! I've misplaced the manual so I'm not sure the exact weight but it's not that bad. I have a passat wagon and I have no trouble getting it in and out. I use it for serious walks and when I am in the city. It is so smooth! On the down side, it is a little too wide for some store aisles and the seat does not reverse ( you can snap in a carseat but only MaxiCosi brand). I bought it in Holland, so I can't really help you with the shipping costs. If I come across the manual, I'll get the other info.

dugan2b
05-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I have the Zapp and it is very cool... but you can't change the seat to face you... you can on the Buzz. Also, your little guy wouldn't be able to use the Zapp until the fall because there's no recline. The Buzz does recline.

Your best bet is to get in on a group order for a Buzz or Zapp as it really cuts down on shipping costs.

I really really really want a Buzz... but just can't justify it right now... (and believe me I am TRYING very hard to rationalize it, LOL)

Katie

pittsburghgirl
05-21-2005, 09:23 AM
The Zapp is not the stroller you want, but the Buzz is closer to what you describe. Definitely look on swap (sometimes come up used) or look for a group order. Shipping is very pricey if you order solo from babycare.nl.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

dules
05-21-2005, 09:38 AM
For power walking with a reversible seat, I think the Boogie or the Valco Rebel are good choices. The front wheel on the Buzz (I assume that's the one you mean) is plastic so probably will not stand up to the kind of use a serious outdoor walking stroller would.

There was a review of the Urban Advantage on here in the last couple of months, if you do a search.

Good luck!

Best,
Mary

dietre_g
05-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks everyone!! I did indeed mean the Buzz! It is such a cool stroller - but maybe the front wheel will not work for me. I will give it some more thought! BTW, does anyone know if Quinny makes or will make a double??

Dietre F.

blueberry
05-22-2005, 06:51 AM
Several of the replies mentioned that you should try a Qunny Buzz.
I was in a local store this morning(I'm an American living overseas) and tried one out for a short visit.
The handlebar felt really fragile, when pushing the stroller and when extending it.
For the amount of money this costs, you could get something that is much more durable, IMHO.
The store clerk had trouble removing the bassinet and figuring out how to put in the regular seat, but that could have just been the one clerk.
The design of the Buzz and purple color of that model does look as nice as it does on the Web, though. And I also think the Zapp looks equally cool.
So when the Zapp comes out here in a few months, I'll definately go try that one. But I wouldn't want a Buzz after trying it today.
Laurie

dietre_g
05-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks again for all of your help! I think that I will go with a Zooper for now. Maybe if Quinny ever makes a double...