PDA

View Full Version : Valco owners, what accessories did you get?

jerseygirl
05-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Just got the Runabout in crimson and took it out for the 1st time to an amusement park. The large basket was great, but when the seat is fully reclined, its hard to get to. Also, we were kind of loaded up for the day and extra space would have been handy. I'd use it mostly for outdoor walks, zoo/amusement parks, flea/farmers market, boardwalk, etc

I'm thinking about:

1) Bob console - does it fit? and since i keep the handle upright and not flat, would this still work?
2) ray shade/protect a bub - the canopy is slightly lacking
3) panniers

Anything else you have/would like to have?

Thanks!

Maritess

JodiM
05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Maritess,

I'm assuming you got a single?

1)If so, the Bob Console does fit, and it works great...as does the Valco Universal Cupholder (but it only holds one drink)

2)I prefer the Protect-A-Bub, but they both work, the PAB just seems a little more sturdy IMO

3)I wouldn't get panniers, it will just add width to the stroller... what about a skip hop? Valco's Mama Bag, Or even the new fleurville sling tote? (I prefer the skip hops or valco bag though, as it hangs really nicely)

My absolute favorite accessory (for everything! Including car seats) is the Piddle Pad, I swear by these things... it is soooooooo much easier to lift this out and shake or wash, than trying to clean out dirty seats. (either from blowouts in newborns, or older kids eating)

I use a strollerfleece (it's wool, not sure WHY they call it strollerfleece) in mine, it's made by Bowron, and my kids like it. It gives them some padding, and it also keeps them a bit cooler in the summer.

Glad to hear you like your Runabout, we LOVE ours... they are just awesome strollers.

MMEand1
05-23-2005, 01:41 PM
We have the Protect-a-bub, but cannot use it due to the toddler seat being attached. We also got a Skip*Hop to put on the back. We keep it on the stroller and do not use this diaper bag for anything else. I want to get a Bob Console, but just have not (lazy, I guess...).
We LOVE our Runabout and it is a big hit around here because all anyone has is Graco or EvenFlo. It is very rare to see anything else!
Mariah P.

Hippoharbor
05-23-2005, 03:49 PM
I, too, love my RA. The accessories I ordered were:

1)Graco infant seat adaptor (Sent back b/c 3 mth old loves being in stroller and not in infant seat while on walks)

2)Skip Hop Duo stroller/diaper bag: I really like this b/c it allows for reasonable extra storage, can easily be turned into shoulder bag, and has a side pocket for water bottles. THerefore, I did not even need to order a console.

3)Protect A Bub Deluxe sunshade: I really like this item.

rupptopia
05-24-2005, 01:26 AM
We also love our Runabout!

I bought:
1) Protect a Bub - works great
2) Valco cup holder - also good
3) The matching footmuff - was great for the chicago winter, I like the matching stitching & soft fleece. The top zips completely off which was great if I was going in & out of stores & etc.
4) I use my diaper bag for extra storage - I have a I'm Still Me SoBig Messenger/Backpack & hang it off the handle, as long as it is not too overloaded it doesn't make the stroller tippy
5) I don't need one yet but I also bought the toddler seat b/c I have a 2004 model & I was afraid they would quit making them! (the 2005 seats attach differently)

Michelle
Mom to Alex born 9/28/04

jerseygirl
05-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Yes, just bought the single. I like the option of the toddler seat so I'm hoping I won't have to go the doubles route.

I was thinking panniers for the extra storage for long outings. I have a GapKids black messenger bag that I've been using but didn't even think to hang it off the handles even though that's what I do with my Mac!

On a sidenote, the wheels were marked with a blue and red sticker. I put the correct colors together but wanted to know what difference it made?

Thanks for the input!

Maritess

JodiM
05-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Maritess,

I don't think it will make one bit of difference, we put together probably 5 a week at the store, and have never had it make a difference there.

Panniers are a option, but remember, as soon as you add them on, you are adding alot of width to the stroller.

Another option for hanging the diaper bag from the handles, if you don't have the 'clips' to go around the handles, and your shoulder strap wont work, you can sew adapters very easily (or like me, have someone else sew them for you- even easier! LOL) and attach them to your bag.

Enjoy your stroller.

lmarcam
05-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Here's what I've bought:

(1) the bassinet--can't say how much I loved it, was so sad when DD got bored in it

(2) the toddler seat--not used yet, but purchased because the '04 attachment different than the '05

(3) the Valco universal 3 wheel sun shade -- I just ordered this, and haven't received it yet. I've been using the Ray Shade which works fine if there is no wind which for us has been nearly never.

I've always just hung my diaper bag from the handles, when the Runabout was in bassinet mode, I could hang my Mothership, however, in regular stroller mode, I use the LL Bean small bag -- it fits perfectly.

jerseygirl
05-25-2005, 10:51 AM
How does the Valco mama bag compare to others out there? I like the whole matching concept but wasn't so sure of it's size. And, what are the carrying options - does it only hang from the stroller handle or is it more like a skip hop where you can grab and go?

Now you've got me thinking about accessories!

Maritess

nfowife
05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Imarcam,
Please let me know how you like the valco sunshade when you receive it. I am trying to decide which shade to get for my Valco and have emailed Kiwi Kid but have not gotten an answer as to which would fit the RA best! It seems like a valco shade would be best for a valco stroller, and I prefer the mesh overlay type shade to just a canopy. Please let us know!!