PDA

View Full Version : Seeking still more info from Volo 2004/2005 experts

Deborah_Hogan
05-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Hi. Thanks for all the responses to my previous post re: the Volo.

It sounds as if the sunshade isn't removable on the 2005 so I'm looking at the 2004. It isn't worth the purchase for me unless it is teeny tiny. Would anyone with a 2004 tell me the dimensions of the stroller when folded up? I'm trying to figure out if the 2005 is bigger when folded and/or heavier.

Maclaren doesn't answer phone messages or email, and the differences between the 2004 and the 2005 aren't posted on their web site. So thank you BB stroller experts!

jesseandgrace
05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I can't find my measuring tape or I would measure for you, but they are really the same size stroller. The sunshade won't make it bigger, and also the shade is made from really lightweight material, it isn't a heavy shade, so it won't really matter. The stroller is really light and easy to use either way. IMO the 2005 will be even easier, because the sunshade won't pop off like with the 2004, but I haven't noticed a difference in the 2004 fold or weight with the shade on or off. If you really want easy maybe just go with the 2004 with no accessory pack, and just use a hat or something. Unless you are outside with it all the time, it is fine without the shade. I just put mine on for a trip to Florida after using the stoller for almost 6 months without it.

pittsburghgirl
05-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I just got my Volo out and managed to pop the sunshade off without too much effort. So I don't know why someone thinks it's not removable, mine certainly is.

I think they are probably exactly the same when folded, unless the sunshade is slighter bigger on the 2005 (but that wouldn't make it much heavier, I wouldn't think). I like the size of the 2005 sunshade, it actually seems to work for us.

I don't know what you mean by teeny tiny.... the Volo isn't as small as the tiny cheap umbrella strollers, but for me it was worth getting something that was 1) easy to push and 2) well made and comfy for DS.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

hipmaman
05-25-2005, 10:10 PM
I don't think there have been any changes in size or fold. The 2005 Volo might be listed a tad heavier than the 2004, mainly because the composite weight with the canopy on would have to be 'heavier' than the basic 2004 w/o the canopy.

I thought I read the 2005 canopy is removable as well.

And how 'teeny tiny' do you need it to be? It is only about 8-9 lbs, but larger/taller than something like less-expensive umbrella strollers (for example those made by Kolcraft). It can accomodate a larger/taller child while those other umbrella strollers can't.

My 4 and 5 yrs old fit in it. I have 2003 and 2004 Volos with 2004 Accessories Kits for them. Normally, I would only use the Volos w/o the canopies, but for long days in the sun, I do put the canopies on.

If you want something light, minimal and the Accessory Kit is not needed, then perhaps the 2004 Volo suits you more and can be found for less now. I bought one of my Accessory Kits on ebay for $42 including shipping. Ask around StrollerSwap to see if there are any Volo and/or Accessory Kit for sale. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/messages

Deborah_Hogan
05-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks for all the information! I appreciate it!