PDA

View Full Version : single stroller for suburban life

melrose7
05-25-2005, 07:36 PM
i thought i made this decision already many times but now i am second (and third) guessing myself. i am due with my first in july and was going to go with either a valco everest or a gaga babyz advantage. after thinking i might rather wait for a "good double stroller" when we have a second child, now i am trying to find a good stroller that i can be happy with until then. we hope to have another child within 2 years. i know i should get what i want now but i would rather have a good stroller now and a really good double.

my needs...mall, some sidewalks some streets, zoo, fairs, in and out of car so not too heavy, easy fold and easy steering, parent cupholder and child tray. i have the snap n go for now but that will last me maybe til winter. also ahve to be able to push through some snow.

thanks for any ideas.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Some options:

Peg Perego P3 - Cupholder is small but I don't mind. Has the child tray. Fold is easy (takes a drop of practice, but I've done it one handed in the airport holding a squirming baby). Weighs about 17 lbs.

Peg Venezia - My favorite stroller! Has a small cupholder (although I like the one on the P3 better b/c my Venezia cupholder has been known to flip upside down when I try to cram a bottle of water in there) and a childs tray. Has a reversible handle and a cozy boot (big plusses!). The boot zips completely, so you end up with this enclosure around the seat so your baby and toys don't fall out. (Hard to explain...) It is 19lbs. The fold is easy, but takes some practice. I have no problems steering - its great for sidewalks, streets etc. Not great on grass or gravel, but neither is the P3.

Inglesina Zippy 2005 1/2 - Has the cupholder, but no child's tray. But I think some after market ones would work... Anyway, it has the easiest fold on the market and is very similar to the P3.