PDA

View Full Version : another double stroller question

reidsmum
05-26-2005, 12:19 PM
hi all,
I've spend lots of time reading through posts, and think I am making progress, but wanted some final opinions. I'm due in about a month with #2 - kids will be ~17 months apart. We are very active - lots of walking, jogging, going to parks, malls, etc. We live in the suburbs, but are frequently in Boston where we used to live visiting friends/family/parks, etc. I originally wanted a single stroller, but have decided to buy a jog stroller for when I do get back to running, and am now looking for my every day double. My requirements are:
1. Hold a car seat (we'll be doing lots of in/out of cars and I loved the snap'n'go with #1)
2. Be durable enough to withstand cobblestone/brick in Boston as well as daily use or near that
3. Have full recline so if we're not using car seat (for walks,etc.) the baby can be in the stroller
4. Will be in/out of my car, but I have an SUV, so lots of back space
5. As narrow and light as possible, but more important are #1 and 2 above.

I was thinking of the Zooper Tango, but have been reading that it's wide, and heavy. So, I'm thinking the Valco Twin Runabout is the best option, despite the high price.

I would love thoughts from anyone!

thanks,
Deb
ds Reid 16 months
#2 on the way!

The basket size isn't critical

calv
05-26-2005, 02:34 PM
I have the Zooper tango and yes even though it's on the heavy side the strudiness and the quality of it makes it so worth it. Most doubles are on the heavy side unless they're flimsy or on the cheap side. This is one handed steering and I haven't had any problems fitting through any door. For $150, I couldn't be happier.