PDA

View Full Version : Kind of funny re: Volo strollers

Deborah_Hogan
05-27-2005, 12:11 PM
First, want to say thanks again to all those who shared information with me re: 2004 vs. 2005.

I've been trying to compare IRL as well.

So here are the funnies:

Babies R Us: Didn't have either. Salesman said, "why would you want such an expensive basic umbrella stroller anyway? We only carry them when we get online returns." Did they teach that in sales training?

Right Start: Saleswoman said (she knows me pretty well, because after 2 kids, I buy a lot of gear), "You don't need the Volo. You've got the Swift. It's so much better. It reclines. It has bigger wheels." And then when I pointed out Volo lighter, plus smaller wheels make fold up smaller, auotmatic fold handy, and when I explained the whole thing about wanting removable sunshade she said, "why wouldn't you want a sunshade?" (Answer: to make it lighter and smaller--not that worried unless very bright or raining).

The world seems determined that I not buy a Volo! (Not to mention husband can't stand to see one more stroller added to the collection...)

So maybe I'm nuts. Swift is 11lbs. Kolcraft umbrella is 7lbs. but doesn't steer well. Is it pointless to add a stroller (to the collection) just becaues it falls between the two at 8-9 pounds and steers well?

Thanks again, for all your insights!

I'm going to have to ponder this further...