PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share. European strollers

LoveMyBabyBeans
05-27-2005, 06:03 PM
I have to admit, I lurk on this forum just because I love reading all the hype and excitement over the latest strollers. I am strictly a reader, because my DH bought me an Emma (Emmaljunga) brand new for my youngest baby and I think his head would spin if I mentioned "another" new stroller. LOL!

Anyway, I know you guys love to know what the hottest strollers are and I wanted to share this link to a chain baby store here in Germany that shows some of the new and hot strollers on the German market. Enjoy!! I do believe some of these are available to you guys in the States now too.
http://www.babyone.de/de/produkte/index.html

american_mama
05-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Kerry: Thanks for the link. I think a German friend mentioned this baby store to me, but I didn't get the name quite right. I'll add it into my European Stroller Browsing post sometime.

Just out of curiousity, how do you travel with your Emma? Can you fit it in your car along with all your luggage and possibly a pack n play? Do you take it on trains or planes? I understand the jumbo European prams used in daily life, but still stumble at envisioning what it's like to travel with them.

Have you seen the Herlag double stroller, the Z II? I saw one in Germany at the Aachen Christmas market and loved it. We moved back to the US about three weeks later, so I never pursued buying one, but I wish I had known of it sooner. It is the only double I've ever seen that makes my heart beat fast.

goldbry
05-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Thank you! This makes me wish I lived in Europe.

Nooknookmom
05-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks, I got to see a pic of Jon Bon Jovi-"drool"...does that show my age or what!!!!

LoveMyBabyBeans
05-30-2005, 04:44 AM
Sorry, just getting back to this forum to answer these qusetions.

As for my Emma, it travels OK. I mean, it's WONDERFUL to have when we travel, but it is a bit bulky. We have a Volvo XC90 (3 kids, ages almost 5, almost 3, and almost 1) and I need to have at least one of the 3rd row seats down to fit the Emma. Okay, I CAN squeeze it in the back with the 3rd row seats up, but that leaves no room for anything beyond a diaper bag and some jackets. I sometimes break it down (seat off the base) as much as I can to get it as compact as possible...and it's really not an issue to do so. With all 3 of my kids in the 2nd row, I COULD fit the Emma, a pack and play and a conservative ammount of luggage in the back of our XC 90. It takes creaetive packing, but I LOVE taking the Emma everywhere we go. You can't beat the ride.

As far as air travel, DH and I took a plane trip to London last summer when Andie (my baby) was 2 weeks old...and we lugged the Emma. We even flew Ryan air (budget airlines) and they gate checked it and it worked out great. The only issue we had in London with it was the stairs at the Tube stations (subways)...we schlepped that thing up and down MANY flights of steps on that trip. Thank goodness Andie was only a newborn! It was a little tricky squeezing it on the Underground trains during rush hour, but most of the time we just wheeled it right on. I've taken it on local trains here in Southern Germany too and haven't had any problems.

It really is great for daily life type of stuff. My Emma gets used at least once a day for a walk through town. It handled the snow and ice like a champ this past winter (and we had a TON of it).

I have not see the Herlag double yet, but then again, one may have passed by me and I didn't even know it. I'll keep my eyes open for it.