PDA

View Full Version : MacLaren Quest harness too loose?

carrie81566
05-27-2005, 08:30 PM
I got a 2004 NIB Quest on Ebay for $100 plus shipping! Yay! DS is only 4 1/2 months, so I wasn't even planning to use it until 6 mos, but I took it for a little spin around the neighborhood. I think I had the straps as tight as they will go, and I didn't think he was secure in there at all. I wasn't expecting it to be as tight as his carseat, but this wasn't even close. He's 16-17 lbs now with a chunky build. Is he just too little to use this yet? Any tips?

Instruction booklet is no help--not much detail.
Carrie

indigo
05-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Hmm, my observation has been that stroller straps are generally looser than car seat straps (particularly if you have been using the infant seat snapped into a Snap and Go or other stroller/carrier). The straps on our Quest are actually a little snugger than the ones on our Zippy (DD is 18 lbs, 11 months currently). I figure it's because the strollers aren't really designed to provide full crash protection - the straps are just there to keep baby from jumping out. (If I'm mistaken, it would be good to know! :0))

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
six months and counting!

MarisaSF
05-27-2005, 09:24 PM
I thought ours were way too loose at first too. I figured that was mainly because I was so used to the super-tight carseat straps. Your DS will grow soon enough and you'll get used to how the straps are different from the carseat. I'd say around 20 lbs, DD looked secure.

Is there a store nearby that sells Quests that you could pop into to make sure they're the same as the one you have?