PDA

View Full Version : More e3 vs. Valco w/TS questions!

lissie930
05-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone - I'm looking for opinions on this decision. I think that an all-terrain stroller is the way for me to go, since I'll be out and about a lot this summer. DS#1 is almost 21 months (and close to 30 pounds), while DS#2 is 3 weeks today.

1. I am seeing that people say the Valco is NOT good if you need to fold it up and take it in and out of the car - it's bulky and heavy. My stroller needs to live in the car (most likely), as I don't have a garage or anywhere to store it, and I live on the 3rd floor walkup. Would it be a nightmare to put it in and out of the trunk of my car every day? (I have a Toyota Matrix.) Also, will the TS be comfortable for DS#1 to sit in for, say, an hour at a time?

2. With the e3v2, I am concerned about having the second child lower to the ground, as I live in an urban area. Is the car exhaust going to be a problem as we're walking along the sidewalk? Also, is it really hard to get this up and down curbs? I was leaning towards this stroller as it's a bit lighter (and I read that it has a smaller fold). I am assuming I'd have my newborn in the lower seat and my toddler in the upper seat. Also, it's a bummer that you can't get to the basket with the lower seat on. Do you have to take the lower seat off every time when you fold it? I like that you have access to the basket in the valco, since with 2 in diapers, I *need* a fairly substantial diaper bag!

3. Is there *anything* else that might work for us? I live in the Cambridge/Somerville MA area, and the sidewalks are narrow and often bumpy. I'd ruled out the Combi and the Peg, as people have said they don't do as well on bumpy sidewalks. Since the thing has to live in my car, I am going to be folding and unfolding it every day, and putting it in and out of the car. I am not thrilled at the idea of having a HUGE stroller (my ideal is our Volo, if that tells you anything!), but I am not sure the smaller SBSs will work, since most of what I'll be doing is being outside, occasionally stopping into stores. Any suggestions, oh wise ones? :)

Thanks!!

- Lissie