PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Valco! Help with accessories?

lissie930
05-28-2005, 08:09 PM
After reading a ton of posts here, I ended up getting the Valco. I got a great deal on a 2004 and TS. DS really seemed to like riding up front. I liked the e3, but just wasn't sold on the layout. Yeah, I think it's going to be a bit of a pain getting it in and out of my car, but I think that's the price I have to pay. I had to remind myself that there just isn't THE perfect stroller out there for me, and this should work well for us.

So, on to my questions!

1. What accessories (if any) do I need? A bigger sun canopy? The 2004 does not have the sunshade for the TS. Is there any sort of clip on parasol, something like that, that you could recommend?

2. I am assuming that I can't use the rain cover when the TS is in use. What did/do you all do when it rains?

3. Is the basket big/strong enough to carry my diaper bag(s) or should I think about investing in the Mama Bag or a Skip*Hop? Which do you all recommend?

All in all, I am pretty excited!

- Lissie

JodiM
06-01-2005, 12:51 AM
>1. What accessories (if any) do I need? A bigger sun canopy?
> The 2004 does not have the sunshade for the TS. Is there any
>sort of clip on parasol, something like that, that you could
>recommend?
Yes, you can buy a sunshade for the 2004 toddler seat, but contact the retailer (either via email or phone) and specify that you want the 2004 model. We still have access to them until they are out of stock.

>2. I am assuming that I can't use the rain cover when the TS
>is in use. What did/do you all do when it rains?
You can use a rain cover, any standard tandem rain cover will fit. (Protect-A-Bub makes a nice one too, or check at TRU/BRU)

>3. Is the basket big/strong enough to carry my diaper bag(s)
>or should I think about investing in the Mama Bag or a
>Skip*Hop? Which do you all recommend?
I would invest in a skip hop (I like the SH's much better than the mama bag) and save the basket for other items.

Glad to hear you're liking your stroller!

lissie930
06-06-2005, 07:32 PM
>>1. What accessories (if any) do I need? A bigger sun
>canopy?
>> The 2004 does not have the sunshade for the TS. Is there
>any
>>sort of clip on parasol, something like that, that you could
>>recommend?
>Yes, you can buy a sunshade for the 2004 toddler seat, but
>contact the retailer (either via email or phone) and specify
>that you want the 2004 model. We still have access to them
>until they are out of stock.
>
>>2. I am assuming that I can't use the rain cover when the
>TS
>>is in use. What did/do you all do when it rains?
>You can use a rain cover, any standard tandem rain cover will
>fit. (Protect-A-Bub makes a nice one too, or check at
>TRU/BRU)
>
>>3. Is the basket big/strong enough to carry my diaper
>bag(s)
>>or should I think about investing in the Mama Bag or a
>>Skip*Hop? Which do you all recommend?
>I would invest in a skip hop (I like the SH's much better than
>the mama bag) and save the basket for other items.
>
>Glad to hear you're liking your stroller!
>

Thank you so much for your reply!
I had one question...when you suggest using a tandem cover - will that work with the toddler seat? Would I need to have the TS shade cover? I am a little confused trying to picture the tandem cover with the Toddler Seat, since he sits higher up (and I am just picturing him under the plastic, if you know what I mean!). I'm not sure if I need the TS shade cover - though it does seem like a good idea. Hmm. I am definitely going to get a Skip Hop! I think the Duo will work well for me.

Anyway, thanks!!

- Lissie

JodiM
06-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Lissie~
It works with the toddler seat (when you have the ts canopy on it)

I have some of the protect-a-bub tandem covers, but don't have a toddler seat canopy or I would offer to take a picture for you! I will double check at the shop tomorrow and make sure there isn't one there.
I love the skip hop, my favorite is the dash :heart