PDA

View Full Version : Expresso/Zippy/Aria/Savvy - Help! I can't decide!

firstimemom
05-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I've read through so many posts here and my head is spinning...

DS is 6 months and has just outgrown his car seat, so it's time to retire my Universal CSC. I need help deciding what to get next. I've tentatively narrowed my search down to the Expresso, Zippy, Aria and Savvy. The P3 is nice, but the basket just seems too hard to access.

Features that are important to me:
-Large, easy to access basket
-Lightweight, preferably 15 lbs or less
-Easy to steer one-handed
-Good sun shade - DS HATES it when the sun is in his eyes
-Good recline, but full is not necessary - DS sleeps anywhere LOL!
-$300 or less

I'd like to be able to use this stroller mainly for errands/mall crawl, but also for walks in the neighborhood, some trails and occationally the beach (over sand). Am I asking too much?

Thanks so much for your help!
Sandra

knaidel
05-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Umm...yes, I think you might be asking for too much! :)
I have a Zippy. It's 17 lbs., so not too much over 15lbs. The basket is not huge and not so easy to access. Its' one handed steering is so-so. It has a great sun-shade and recline. It's $300. It's great for mall crawling and neighborhood walks. A rare trip to the trails or beach would be fine, but not on a regular basis.
I think the others: Aria, Espresso, Savvy would be even worse on trails and beach.
I have an idea: If you have $300 to spend, maybe get two (if you have the room). Maybe get yourself a high quality all terrain stroller used or an old model on ebay (I saw 2003 Zooper Sport on ebay for under $100). Use that for your trails and beach. Then, get another stroller for malls and neighborhood. From what I've read/heard, the espresso is the best of your other 3 for walking around in the neighborhood. Depends on how much you walk around outside. I coughed up $300 for the Zippy, but its only because we do A LOT of errands on foot. If I was more of a car-mom, then a Combi would probably be fine for me.
HTH!

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Sounds like the Aria will be out - the steering is bad outside and the sunshade is really small. The Espresso is better outside, but the sunshade is also small. The Savvy has a tiny basket. I imagine the Zippy basket is similar to the P3 basket as the strollers are very similar. But on both strollers, you can hang diaper bags and shopping bags from the handle. The 2005 1/2 Zippy is 19 lbs, so it's not exactly lightweight - the P3 is lighter. But both the Zippy and P3 have the sunshade you are looking for, as well as the recline.

Seems to me, though, that the P3 might meet your needs best, followed by the Zippy.

P3 is 17 lbs. The basket is hard to access, but not impossible - you can access it from the sides, and as I mentioned you can hang stuff from the handles. It's not tippy at all. The canopy is awesome. It can be steered fairly easily one handed. It isn't super easy, but it can be done. And the recline is great. The Zippy is a bit heavier, but the steering is supposed to be better than the steering on the P3.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-30-2005, 09:05 AM
I just saw in another threat that the P3's true weight is 19.5 lbs. So the Zippy and P3 weigh the same! Peg Perego has a lot of conflicting info about weights.