PDA

View Full Version : I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEED ANOTHER STROLLER!

megcarlin
05-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Please help...I have a single jogger, a double jogger, and a Maclaren Techno that is a couple of years old. I now need a stroller for daily trips to the community pool with my eight-month-old, who will have to nap in it while my other kids have swimming lessons etc. Joggers are too bulky to drag in and out of the car twice a day and Mac is trashed and not cozy enough for the poor, deprived youngest child who will have to sit and sleep in it half the day.

I need a stroller that

1. is lightweight
2. reclines
3. has good sun canopy
4. doesn't cost a fortune!

I don't really care about other bells and whistles.

THANK YOU in advance for your suggestions.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-31-2005, 10:50 PM
How much do you want to spend?

The Peg P3 seems to fit your needs. It is fairly lightweight. About 19 lbs. It is really plush, reclines all the way, and has an awesome sun canopy. It runs about $289 for the 2005s. If you get it online you can save on tax and shipping is free. The 2004s are cheaper - the fold is a bit more complicated, but not hard once you get the hang of it. The 2005 has an easier fold. All models of the P3 have ride-boards for toddlers.

Inglesina Zippy is very similar. The 2005s are on sale right now b/c they came out with an upgraded 2005 1/2. You could get an even earlier model (maybe a 2004) for very cheap. The Zippy has the easiest fold on the market. There is no child's tray though and only the 2005 1/2 has a cupholder for you. Only the 2005 1/2 has a ride board for toddlers.

To save money, you could buy from ebay. Just be sure to check the seller ratings. I saved about $60 on a stroller on ebay and I had a wonderful experience, but can't remember the seller's name.

megcarlin
06-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks for your response. I think you're right--both the Zippy and P3 would be perfect--but the double jogger I just bought cost close to $400, so I can't afford another few hundred. Hoping to spend under $150...

ctmom
06-01-2005, 07:03 AM
I just bought the Combi STS-1 Strolee for $39. You can get it at buybuybaby.com, target.com or combistrollers.com. If you live near a Buy Buy Baby, they have it in some stores, but I would call first. (they didn't have it in Scarsdale, but when I called and inquired about it, they had it brought from another store) It weighs 11 pounds, easy to fold and folds really small, has a good size canopy, basket, reclines, the front bar comes off so it is easy to get the baby in and out. It doesn't have a snack tray or a parent tray...I snapped the frame of my old stroller and needed a new one but since dd#2 is already 18 months old I really didn't need one with all the bells and whistles and I didn't want to spend a fortune. I'm sure this stroller isn't going to last forever, and if I was planning on using it for years I would have gotten something else, but for the price, it is great. My sister has a Mclaren Volo and when she saw my Combi she is kicking herself that she spent almost 3 times as much on a stroller very similar. Someone on this board suggested the Inglasina Espresso which was on sale from $199 to $99 at rightstart.com. If you want to spend more for a better stroller I would check that out.

HIU8
06-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Maybe a Mac Quest would work for you. It reclines to 3 positions and my DS always falls asleep in it. It weights 12 pounds and has the leg extensions so DC can be more comfortable. The only thing it is missing is a really good sun canopy. It has what I consider to be a small one. You would need to get a separate one and attach it on. You can get a 2004 Quest from Albee Baby for about $125 and I think maybe even a few $$ cheaper on Ebay.

HTH

Heather

momtogrant
06-01-2005, 10:47 AM
What about a Zooper zStreet Stroller. It is on EBAY for 89.99 by liquid baby. I don't have this stroller but by reading previous posts this is a good stroller for the money and will provide a cushier sleep then the mac.
Good Luck!
Nicole

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Z-Street is a good suggestion, but the canopy isn't great. The Zooper Swing has a better canopy and is also in your price range - especially the 2004 model. Zoopers come with lots of extras too!

Here is a link to a 2004 Swing: http://www.specialtybaby.com/zooper.html
It's $154 no tax outside NY/NJ and free shipping from Albee Baby, a reputable seller. Also try ebay. Albee baby goes by Baby Surplus on ebay.

lmintzer
06-01-2005, 01:09 PM
What about an older model Pliko? Sometimes stores close these out, and sometimes you can find them on Ebay for this price. I'm sure posters here could point you in the direction of some priced at the $150 or under mark.