PDA

View Full Version : More Volo questions...

Deborah_Hogan
06-01-2005, 08:12 PM
First, a big thank you again to all the people who have been answering my questions re: Volo. You'd think buying a stroller wouldn't be such a big decision: but this will be THE LAST STROLLER I EVER BUY!!! So I've got to get it right!

So, for you users of the 2004 and prior with accessory kit (sun shade): did the sunshade drive you crazy? Did it pop on and off reasonably well? Did it pop off when you didn't want it to? Or was it really great? Any advantages of buying 2004 plus accessory kit over the 2005 with sunshade?

Next, does it "turn on a dime" even with a heavy child and lots of bags? My Inglesina Swift doesn't--I almost have to drag it to the side. Turning on a dime would be a big plus.

Third, have you had any mechanical problems or customer service issues with Maclaren? I've emailed them with the same questions I posted here 4 times, plus called them and left a message that was supposed to be returned within a day (it's been over a week). If there were any problems, I'm thinking Maclaren's reputation for poor customer service would be true...

Do you love this stroller, or is it just okay?

Thanks, as always!

Deborah_Hogan
06-02-2005, 08:15 AM
bump

jesseandgrace
06-02-2005, 09:44 AM
The sunshade pops off, but for me it has just been after folding, so I slide it right back on. Even though that is easy I consider it a pain sice it shouldn't happen, but it is very easy to slide on. I don't think it has hapened to me while using it. Yes, it turns on a dime. As far as Maclaren, customer service is not great from what I've heard, but the stroller is low maintenance so you will likely not ever need to contact them. The stroller is essentially exactly the same in 2004 and 2005, there are no real benefits to either, because they are the same, I would go with color if you like one much better than another, and if not I would go with the 2005 over the 2004 because should you choose to sell it, or if you do need too have it fixed, the newer model is the better model for resale or probably easier to have fixed by Maclaren (even though that shouldn't be true...),

hipmaman
06-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi,

My 2003 and 2004 Volos don't have the hoods popped (so far). They do stay on firm either when the strollers are opened or folded.

In my opinion, the advantage of buying the older Volo and accessory vs. the 2005 Volo is that you would have the raincover, seat liner and bag all with the Accessory pack. For the 2005, you have to buy the 2005 Accessory pack to get those extra items. If you don't need any of those items, then this is not an advantage.

The advantage of the 2005 over the older Volo would be that the seat is removable for washing. But again, since the material is mesh and wipable, this is not a huge advantage either.

I think it's down to what colour/pattern you want.

As for resale, lots of people think the newer model might fetch better resale value. But I think the general public don't really differentiate between years but look for things like what are included in the price, what the condition is, etc.

hipmaman
Hi,

My 2003 and 2004 Volos don't have the hoods popped (so far). They do stay on firm either when the strollers are opened or folded.

In my opinion, the advantage of buying the older Volo and accessory vs. the 2005 Volo is that you would have the raincover, seat liner and bag all with the Accessory pack. For the 2005, you have to buy the 2005 Accessory pack to get those extra items. If you don't need any of those items, then this is not an advantage.

The advantage of the 2005 over the older Volo would be that the seat is removable for washing. But again, since the material is mesh and wipable, this is not a huge advantage either.

As for resale, lots of people think the newer model might fetch better resale value. But I think the general public don't really differentiate between years but look for things like what are included in the price, what the condition is, etc.

hipmaman
Hi,

mommy2_1boy
06-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi! I stressed over the purchase of my lightweight stroller too - much more than I did over the purchase of any of my other strollers!! :) I guess because there are so many choices - but I did end up with the 2005 Volo after looking at both 2004 and 2005.

I saw some on e-bay but by the time shipping was added, they were almost as much as a new 2005. I got mine from babystyle for $99. I finally decided on the 2005 because I liked the carbon print with the circles/squares. Plus, noone seemed to have any of the colors that I liked in the 2004.

I don't know if it helps at all, but I am very happy with my purchse. The sun shade snaps off easily (I didn't really want it, but it's not an option with the 2005) and the stroller folds in a snap. It's light, my little boy is really comfortable in it (he's 8 months old) and it does turn on a dime. And considering I have a bugaboo for my main stroller (which handles like a dream) the fact that I like this really surprises me!

So I would say go for the 2005 - you won't be sorry!!