PDA

View Full Version : Jogging Stroller for serious jogger -off roading

lisajay
06-01-2005, 10:15 PM
The last time I ran anywhere was when the gym coach was yelling at me in school, many years ago. However, my mom is a serious runner/jogger and wants to bring my dd with her for her hour long runs. Yay for me, an hour to myself.
Anyway, this jogger needs to be able to keep up with my mom. Also, as we are in a very rural area with no shoulder on the main stretch of road that my mom takes for her runs, it needs to be capable of going over all sorts of terrain.
That being said. It should have material that is removable and machine washable. Large (not plastic) tires, good shocks or whatever these things have to keep them from rattling the heck out of poor dd. A good canopy to protect dd from sun and rain. All the best safety features, double breaks, leash. Place for water bottle for both Mom and dd. I'm not sure what else these things have, and I'm not sure how much Dad is willing to spend. It's belated Mother's day gift for her. I imagine around $200 mark, I really don't know how much a decent one goes for. I saw one by Schwinn at BJ's Wharehouse. Is that one any good? Any info would be great. Thanks,
LJ

MarisaSF
06-01-2005, 10:28 PM
What a nice present for you mom! And what a nice present she's giving you -- an hour of peace!

I have a friend who is happy with the Schwinn.

I'd suggest that you'd want at least 16" wheels.

This is a great site for reading reivews: www.joggingstroller.com.

lisajay
06-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the site, I'm going to go check it out.:-)

Susann
06-01-2005, 11:09 PM
I think the best jogger for a serious runner is the Kool Stop Senior. It has 20" rearwheels and a 16" frontwheels. There is no place you can't go with the Kool Stop. It steers wonderfully and it has a height adjustable handle. The seat reclines, the canopy is huge and the shocks are great.
Travelingtikes.com has it for $225 which is a very good price. Usually it's around $300.

Susann

Janeinnyc
06-02-2005, 08:40 AM
We have a Dreamer Design Slingshot. I think this is a great jogging stroller. It has all the requirements you were looking at - double brakes, leash, etc. It has an excellent canopy. I have run with baby at all times of the day and have been able to adjust the canopy so that he is always protected from the sun. When we bought ours, it came with a free rain canopy.

lisajay
06-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Thank you both for the recommendations. I will be sure to check them out.
LJ

kozachka
06-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I have a Kool Stop Senior and while it's a great jogger I am not crazy about it's canopy for early morning or just before sunset when the sun is low. I do love how lightweight it is (mine is about 19 lbs w/alloy wheels) and how it handles rough terrain. It's also very easy to fold. One other thing that bugs me is the 'lock', I have to be very careful not to have my fingures pinched.