PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on Combi Savvy Soho?

luh
06-02-2005, 05:42 PM
We are adopting our first child who will be about 4 months when he gets home. I am wanting a lightweight, fairly inexpensive stroller that is still quality and will last awhile. Any feedback on the Combi Savvy Soho? Also, I noticed Target offering it for $70, while at Babies R Us it is $100. Probably different models, but wondering if the Target one is just as good. Thanks!!

JenniferMC1971
06-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Congratulations! I've been considering the Combi Savvy Soho as well, since it's so lightweight and inexpensive, but I'm wondering if it will do well outside (we live in Chicago near the lake and I'm picturing myself taking a lot of walks outside). There are different models, I think there's the Savvy Soho Sport and I've been looking specifically at the Savvy Soho DX. Maybe the Target one is a different model. Good luck and let us know how you like it! I haven't read anything on this board so far about Combis so I'd love to hear. Congrats again.

Jennifer

walmin22
06-03-2005, 02:40 PM
I have the Crimson Savvy Soho Stroller. I do not like this stroller. It was a gift so that person paid 100.00 and I don't think it was worth it. I would attach a picture of it but I cannot seem to do so. If you go to the BRU website it's the last lightweight stroller listed.

Reasons why I don't like this stroller
1. The Canopy is worthless. If you look at the picture on the website that is as far as the canopy will go. So if you are out side walking into the sun your not able to move the canopy in front of the baby.

2. It is a very wobbly stroller. Don't even try to steer with one hand.

3. A bar goes through the bottom basket.

4. My DS has to hold on to the bar to sit up straight.

5. Just this weekend I had my friend's 3 year old in this stroller. I had a very hard time pushing this stroller. (I'm not a weak person by any means) It was very awkward for her to keep her feet on the footrest. Every time her feet would drop and dragged it would almost cause us to flip the stroller.

Now with that being said.

I do like the fact it was lightweight and it folder up small.

I just hope the versions you guys are looking at are the upgraded versions.

Hope this helps,
Mary

goobersmom
06-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I just got a Savvy Soho DX and I love it! I used it all this week in Boston and it was great for my 2 month old. Handled the cobblestone streets and dirt paths at a farm with ease. It's probably because my DS is so small and light that it steered so well. I loved that I could roll it right onto the trains and it took up so little space.

I'm loving this stroller right now for my little one because it fits him so well and he's so comfy in it. I agree that as the child gets bigger that it is harder to steer but for me, it's perfect right now! The regular Soho doesn't recline as much but I think they are all pretty similar.

Nicole

mom2Nathan
06-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I have the Combi Savvy Soho DX which is more expensive. However, I have found it invaluable. My son is happy in it and loves to put his feet up on the bar. The snack tray is great for putting goldfish in. While it is lightweight I find it easy to maneuver. It folds compactly. I have traveled extensively with it. The clip that holds it folded did break once but I received a replacement from Combi for under 10 dollars. The storage basket is a bit small but adequate. I often hang my diaper bag over the handle bars anyway. The stroller does not tip with this abuse. The DX also has one of the best sunshades on the market. If you go with the soho, there is a sunshade on the market that can go on any stroller. I don't know its name offhand. Good luck, and congratulations on your new baby.