PDA

View Full Version : Silver Cross customer service and my lack of follow-up!

kijip
06-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I posted awhile back about my Silver Cross Micro breaking after I was already in email contact about a minor repair issue. I was in email contact with a lady at Silver Cross. We determined that they needed a registration card on file and a copy of my sales slip. I DID send in the registration card back in the summer when I bought the stroller. But they said they did not have it. A pain, but no big deal, they fill one out for me. I went to look for my sales slip. I have all other sales slips and manuals on file (heck I found sales slips for strollers and baby gear I had long since sold or given away) but the one I need, I have lost. No biggie, my problem. So I call Traveling Tikes and they send a copy right over. LIKE AN IDIOT I MAILED SILVER CROSS THE ORIGINAL without making a copy!!! No response from Silver Cross. Well, my follow through and email communication lag big time with I am dealing with the most recent pregnancy and mc. I finally get around to emailing my contact and she says that they have never recieved the sales slip I sent. I don't have a copy since I sent it to them for the mail to lose/their mailroom to lose/them to misfile (who knows?!). So I get Traveling Tike to send me a new one (they are GREAT!) and I immediately photocopy the da*n thing 3 times and then fax it to the lady at Silver Cross. I emailed asking for confirmation that the fax had been recieved and no response. All in all the service has not been TERRIBLE (and the delay was partially my fault for not following up right away after I mailed the sales slip but what's the deal with TWO things mailed to them both go missing? Things actually getting lost in the mail is pretty rare - I wonder if they route/process the mail correctly. All in all I have had the stroller since August and have not had use of it since like February. When it broke, Toby was riding in it and it collapsed- a screw holding the cross bars to the side bars came out. All in all the stroller saw light use since Toby is such a recline user (stroller napper- when awake, he walks!). So it did not break from abuse!

I wonder if they got my fax and how long I should give them to respond? Wish me luck. I mostly want the stroller fixed/replaced as a matter of principal since Toby is using the Techno when riding since it has a recline. At least then it could be a back-up or a swap item.

dules
06-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Wow that's terrible. I hope you get a new stroller out of this in the end. I'm also terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you are OK.

Best,
Mary

kijip
06-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Silver Cross emailed me back today and were fairly snarky/unapologetic. They want to send me the one screw part in the mail. I told them NO since I have no way to ensure that it is in securely etc and since the screw was not my only issue- before that it would not turn well at all...the wheels would lock up. All in all, I thought that once the proof of purchase thing was resolved they would just send a label for me to return the stroller to them for them to fix it or replace it if it was unfixable. I will keep you posted on if they make it right or not.