PDA

View Full Version : Question for Strollerqueen

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
06-04-2005, 10:30 AM
I currently own a 2004 Venezia and a 2005 P3. I am hanging on to the P3 thinking I might use it as a toddler stroller. Do you think I should sell the P3? At times they feel redundant b/c the P3 isn't that much lighter, but it does have an umbrella fold. DH and I both prefer the Venezia as an every day stroller. If I sell the P3, I'd probably get a travel stroller, but something lighter and cheaper, like the Quest.

Thanks for your advice!

ShayleighCarsensMom
06-04-2005, 01:10 PM
IF you go to her website, www.strollerqueen.com there is a place where you can do a consultation with her. Its the best money I've ever spent (I think it is only like $25-30)

strollerqueen
06-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Thanks Val! :)

I think what she is trying to say is that without analyzing your particular situation--i.e. uses, terrain, climate, child's age, lifestyle, etc., it is hard to tell you what to do, or suggest what might suit you best.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
06-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Oh, I didn't realize that you charged! Sorry about that! I was just torn on what to do b/c DH and I are students and it seems silly to have 2 super plush, expensive strollers lying around when they weigh almost the same.

momathome
06-05-2005, 07:58 PM
You may want to hold on to the P3 for when your baby is a toddler - it is a fantastic toddler stroller once you no longer need the Venezia's reversible handle. I am currently using a Peg Milano for my baby because of the reversible handle but I know I will switch to the P3 once she is older - it takes up less space in my car and is a better shopping stroller since you can hang bags off the handles. Just something to keep in mind!

strollerqueen
06-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Well certainly not for a simple question. I post short answers all the time here, especially when I feel the answers can be helpful to a lot of people.

The problem was, I was getting flooded with really long involved emails asking for individual help. I would try, but then there would be follow up questions, I would answer, but then there were more follow up questions, and more emails that I couldn't even get to. Then angry emails from people because I wasn't answering them. I really tried to get to everyone, but I do have another job, a house to run, and children and a DH to take care of. In addition to that, I do a lot of research and testing in order to keep up with all the lastest strollers out there, try and arrange Strollerqueen Discounts for everyone, and run another website and board with 3700 members. Believe me, people get angry at me there if they think I'm ignoring them, too! So I really try my best to help, and that is why I often post late at night, (when I should be sleeping!)because it is the only time I have.

It is a lengthy process to do a consultation, generally involving several hours, and sometimes dozens of emails. Everyone's needs, preferences, and budgets are so very different! Without knowing anything about your situation--i.e. children's ages, whether you have a car, what your uses are, how tall you are, where you live, etc. I couldn't tell you whether the P3 or something else would be better for you. I can tell you I like the P3, but there are other lighterweight strollers I like as well, such as the Mac Techno, Quest, and Volo.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
06-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Strollerqueen, I completely understand. I could only imagine how time consuming it is! I can't afford it right now though. I'll just figure it out on my own. There is the tipiness factor which might make me lean towards keeping the P3 anyway.

:)Lauren

strollerqueen
06-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi Lauren,

As I said, I am happy to answer quick questions, lol! For the age of your child, you might as well keep the P3. The only others that are a bit lighter and not as tippy as Macs would be the Inglesina Swift, or Zooper Rhumba.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
06-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks! I do like the P3 as an umbrella stroller and it is so great to be able to hang stuff from the handles w/o worrying about tipping.