PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Boogie or Zydeco

khalloc
06-08-2005, 03:36 PM
I am pregnant with my first child, due in November. I live in Vermont. I'm thinking about buying a Zooper Boogie or Zydeco once next spring comes. Because I can't see myself needing it over the winter, right?? I plan on registering for a Pliko P3 though, so hopefully I would have that for the first few months.

I was hoping to hear what people thought to see if the Boogie or Zydeco was a good fit for me. I live on a 1/4 mile dirt road, so the only "walks" I will be taking around my house are either up and down my own private road, or around my yard. I live out in the sticks! I was thinking I need an all-terrain stroller to do the dirt road, and for walks around my yard. We have about 15 acres. So it would just be walking on grass, some hills, etc...

I probably wouldn't take this stroller many places, unless it was to do some all terrain walking. I could use the P3 for thinkgs like going to the mall, or going into town to shop, etc...

So will the Zooper be a good fit for what I want it for? I realize its heavy but it seems like it would stand up to be rural yard.

Smiles81
06-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi, I think the zooper would be fine for you. I have a zooper boogie and a p3. I use the zooper for neighborhood walks. I got the zooper, b/c it was cheaper than other all terrains and had the reversible seat. Yes it is heavy, but if you aren't going to be in and out of a car with it everyday, its fine. It steers really well, and is nice quality. HTH
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

lmariana
06-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I agree, Zoopers are well-made strollers and sound great for what you want. I wouldn't plan on packing it up in the car much though, as they do have a large fold.

I had a Zydeco and thought it was a great stroller. Zooper has excellent customer service too. Does the Boogie include the boot? If not, I'd probably spring for the Zydeco with your cold Vermont winters. The Zydeco's seat is SO plush and cozy, it would be heaven for your little one!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mom to Gabe, 8/03
www.heinzandmariana.com

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/0/0/1/-5/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PreggoPals

khalloc
06-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Thank you!

I would probably bring the Zooper with me if I wanted a real nice ride. My in laws also live out in the sticks so the stroller would be good for their house too. But overall I would plan on having a lighter stroller, like the Pliko P3 for the car. I have a Outback Wagon so I hope that the Zooper would fit in the back if I needed it. I will definitely give the Zydeco more consideration since you say it has the winter boot. I was having a hard time figuring out from the website what the difference was between the 2 strollers.

Thanks again.

mommytoColeT
06-09-2005, 09:34 PM
I have the Zooper Boogie and LOVE it. It comes with the boot, the sunshade and something else (I cant remember). The boot zips on and off and I leave it zipped off for summer but the back part of the boot is really cushiony and it goes from head to to so I leave that on for added cushion. There is also a zip off in the back of the hood with some mesh screening so that you can see into the stroller and for air circulation for baby. It would be great for what you would be using it for.
HTH
Jane