PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions on SILVER CROSS CAMDEN!

DAKnits
06-09-2005, 12:39 AM
I hope someone can help!

I just ordered the SC Camden in Brighton on the internet, site-unseen, as my new "every day" stroller to replace the Perego Venezia. DD is ten months old, and I wanted a lighter, less bulky stroller to bring with me everywhere, but I didn't want to give up any features (besides the reversible handlebar). I thought the Camden would be great b/c it has the child tray, big basket, big hood, full recline, and is 16 lbs.

My questions are:

1. Is it sturdy enough for me to use everyday? I will be running errands, walking the mall, and walking her around the neighborhood on sidewalks.

2. Can you comfortably change your baby's diaper in the stroller? I love that I can do this with my Venezia b/c MANY bathroom changing stations are totally unusable, and I rather change her in the stroller.

3. Are the fabrics the same quality no matter what the color (Brighton, Ascot, or Navy)? Also, I did not get to see my Camden in person, and now I am thinking I should have ordered the Navy. I don't care for the Ascot, but if you have seen the Navy and Brighton, does the Navy looks classier? More attractive? What were your thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

jendalymd
06-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi, I had the SC Camden in Ascot. It is definitely better than the Venezia.
It is definitely sturdy enough for everyday use. I don't usually change my baby's diaper in the stroller, but I think you should be able to. The seat fully reclines and you can remove the child tray.

The fabrics are the same no matter what color. The Navy is completely navy and in my opinion rather boring, but classic. I like the Brighton a lot. it has a nice silver hood with that lovely electric blue trim. I liked the ascot because it was sort of Burberry plaid-ish and it was different, but I also really like the brighton, it is very modern and attractive. I would go with it if I were you.

I loved the big, easily accessible basket. Loved the child tray. Loved the big hood with the peekaboo mesh windown and pocket where I could easily throw my keys, wallet, and cell phone. The fold is fairly easy, but to lock it is not so easy. You have to practice opening and closing it a few times before you get it. To open it, unlock the red lock on the side and step on the back of the basket to open as you pull up on the handle. To close you push down diagonally like toward the child tray and down. I usually just threw it in the trunk of my camry without locking it. I would fold down the hood and had to take off the child tray to make it smaller to fit better in my trunk. I really liked the looks of it and I'd recommend getting the rain cover, it's a nice one that is custom fitted to the camden. I ended up selling mine because I decided I didn't really want a mid-weight stroller and the steering wasn't as nice as my MBUS. But, it is still a great stroller.
good luck!
-Jennifer

DAKnits
06-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Jennifer,

Thanks for the great review! I am still torn about color, and now my DH confused me even more -- he looked at pics of the Brighton and told me he prefers the Navy (ughhh).

Do you think this is a better choice than the P3? EVERYONE keeps recommending the P3, and I see why, but I am not in love with umbrellas, and I don't like the hard-to-get-to basket.

Also, my daughter likes her legs supported. I found out from a stroller swapper that the seat depth is 13" on the Camden, as opposed to 15" on the Venezia, and that's with leg extension. So according to the measurements, the seat is quite deep! Did you find that the seat was deep?

THANKS!

Maybe someone has better pics of the Navy stroller ... the ones on the retail sites are hard to see.