PDA

View Full Version : Valco Runabout vs. Phil & Ted's E3 double

ditdit
06-09-2005, 02:29 AM
I've been looking for an all around double stroller and I had my mind set on E3 double but from reading some post I came across the Valco + toddler seat. I've been to both websites and it seems that they both can do a toddler/infant mode (my boys are 2 yo and 6 mos.) I've only seen E3 IRL and I'm concern about sun coverage for both kids and storage space esp. when its on 2 toddler mode (without having to buy extra accessories). For those of you who owns any of these...i guess i just need a little convincing/assurance on E3. I have no idea on the handling of Valco ..I wanted to try one IRL maybe this weekend. There's very limited stores that sells both strollers in Mississauga or Toronto area. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JennsBabySky
06-09-2005, 03:04 AM
I have an E3 and love it, but for storage, I can't imagine not using the pannier bags. They are essential! I'm in So. Cal. and sun coverage hasn't been much of an issue for us, but I did buy the mesh cover just in case (I love accessories, even if I never use them). I picked the E3 because it is slightly narrower than the Valco and because both kids have the option of napping (neither seat completely reclines, but at least there is a back for both seats). You probably can't go wrong with either choice, so I'd look at it as two good options that you are deciding between, not one good option and one bad. I had a Valco Twin and I thought it handled super well and I also think the E3 handles comparably well.