PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - DON'T USE WWW.BABY-OUTFITTERS.COM

tmurnin
06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Just wanted to warn everyone about the HORRIBLE service I've received from Baby Outfitters. I placed an order for a Valco stroller on May 22 and the item has still not shipped. There is nothing on their website about the strollers being out of stock and they don't respond to emails or phone calls. The two responses I have gotten keep telling me the item will be shipped tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and nothing. I am going to call AmEx and tell them not to honor the charge because the company has failed to deliver but didn't want anyone else dealing with this AWFUL merchant.

dules
06-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Interesting. They have always had a good reputation in the past. Perhaps a phone call is in order?

I hope your situation is resolved soon.

Best,
Mary

JodiM
06-09-2005, 10:15 PM
I would suggest calling and talking to one of the owners... I have bought from them (as have many other mom's) and was very pleased with their service.

If you don't like the response you get, THEN contact American Express. (Which is a total headache- had to do a chargeback once and it took FOREVER!)

tmurnin
06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
I've tried calling them (and emailing) several times. They didn't respond for 8 days initially, then called and said the strollers were "still coming in" (their website didn't mention anything about being out of stock) and subsequent calls have either not been returned or returned with vague messages about shipping.

Last message from them promised that they were shipping the Valco this past Tuesday and would email me the tracking number. Still haven't gotten the tracking number and the order status on the website still shows as not being shipped.

I don't understand how this company can stay in business as they seem to be completely uninterested in customer service.

JodiM
06-10-2005, 12:32 AM
I am very sorry to hear that... hopefully they can get you your stroller, or something resolved without you having to file a chargeback (As they are tedious, and take FOREVER!)

strollerqueen
06-10-2005, 01:13 AM
I agree. It sounds weird. They have always been very helpful to me, and everyone I referred. I wonder if you were emailing them when they were at the JPMA show in Orlando? I would try calling them. They are super nice.

JerseyMom
06-10-2005, 11:42 AM
I won't refer anyone to this site anymore for the same kind of negligent service. I think they mean well and are definitely not doing anything nefarious, but there are better web stores with appropriate follow through and consistent customer service. It is a shame because I believe it is because they are getting too big too quick to handle the work, yet they still take their customer's money.

lmarcam
06-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I had a minor problem with them back in December with my Valco order, and although they definitely were hard to get on the phone (which was so annoying at the time), they did rectify it within a week. The problem was that they had repacked my bassinet in a box different than the orignal box (obvious because the box described a different color and had clearly been previously opened), and forgot to include the bassinet adaptor bar, and I think the insect screen as well.

ShayleighCarsensMom
06-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Why dont you just get an mountain buggy. Valcos really arent as good as mountain buggys and the valcos have had some serious quality issues.
Kit and Michelle are also easier reached by phone.
Good luck to you.

1ceng1
06-10-2005, 07:43 PM
There have been quality issues with thew Valcos? I just ordered mine today, and now I am second guessing it. Can you elaborate on the quality issues?

Thanks

callalillyanne
06-10-2005, 08:04 PM
I don't have experience with them online, but I have spoken to Kit in person and she was incredibly nice and helpful. I am sure if you got a chance to speak to her directly by phone, she would take the appropriate steps to rectify the situation.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I hope everything gets resolved! Good luck!

1gingerale
06-10-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't know of any quality issues, however they are on back order.

I live in Canada and have been waiting for the 2005 SBS models to arrive since April, May and now June. There are none in our province to be seen of the side by side runnabout. The canadian distributor even tried at the recent show to get some from the US distributor and there are none to be had.

So the problem might be if the stroller is a SBS.

I could no longer wait for a stroller and went with an e3v2, I really like it.

Caroline

sbjf
06-10-2005, 09:53 PM
I can't get into all of my experiences with them right now, I don't have the time or even the inclination to really, but take it from me also, buy from somewhere else!

Basically, every time I've spoken to them on the phone (I never email them), I get mixed information from each person, broken promises, and just an overall run around. It is HORRIBLE!

Steer clear, don't risk it!!

VickiH
06-13-2005, 07:17 AM
I also had a horrible experience with them - I would NEVER buy from them again.

pablohoneysf
06-13-2005, 09:55 AM
I love my Valco and have not had a problem with it at all. I compared it to the MBUS and just found aspects of the MBUS not appropriate for my needs as I am sure owners of the MBUS found aspects of the Valco not appropriate for theirs

Just my 2 cents

lmarcam
06-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Just to clarify -- I don't think anyone is saying they had a horrible experience with valco, but that they had a bad experience with Baby Outfitters. I know that was the intent behind my post. I love my Runabout!

kensjen
06-13-2005, 01:25 PM
I have to agree. Their customer service has really slipped. Two years ago I bought my Bugaboo from them and it was a PERFECT experience. I then bought several accessories for my stroller in the following months, and that was great, too. Then several months ago, I was trying to buy some new "skins" which they had on their site. It was a NIGHTMARE! They were not good about answering emails, and rarely answered any of my numerous phone messages. I couldn't believe it, really I was shocked. I had such amazing service from them in the past, and wanted to give them my business. But I guess they didn't want it. I was practically throwing a couple of hundred dollars at them, and they didn't want to take it. :(

I agree with Bonnie. Don't take the risk. There are many other companies out there who really want your business.

kath0469
06-13-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm in the middle of an "issue" with them now, too. My first phone call wasn't returned, finally got someone on the second call. I'm waiting for a replacement part for a few weeks and haven't heard anything yet.

I think they WANT to do a good job but are getting in over there heads. When I was in the store one of them was on the phone with Valco and PO'd because Valco was promising shipments that weren't showing up! They need to update their website for what actually IS in stock instead of hoping it shows up to complete promised ship dates. Hopefully they'll get caught up soon.

hipmaman
06-13-2005, 08:34 PM
That's too bad about all these issues and bad experience with them. They use to be the 'preferred retailer' here though. I wonder if this is the reflection of some of the products they now carry, for example, I read the Valco had problem with inventory, promises not fulfilled, etc.?

1ceng1
06-13-2005, 09:57 PM
The guy who helped me when I purchased my Runabout confirmed that the manufacturer was not shipping the Valcos out, hence their lack of availability in the US. I originally wanted the double in black but had to settle on the blue for this very reason.

sbjf
06-14-2005, 08:59 AM
That could be part of the problem, but a couple of my issues had to do with their own stock. One person said they had what I needed, so I ordered it, waited many weeks, many phone calls, eventually found out that they never did have what I needed in stock.

Recently I called them to possibly order my MBUD car seat clip and got misinformation regarding that product as well (plus got the run around about whether or not they had it in stock,such a hassle!). Marilyn (from another store) cleared it up for me luckily, but if I had listened to BO people I would have ordered the wrong item. They are just a mess, that's all I can say.