PDA

View Full Version : Can Sit 'n Stroll be only stroller while traveling?

jp96
06-10-2005, 09:57 AM
I just purchased a sit 'n stroll for my one year old to travel to Florida frequently, where my parents live. He needs to sit in his own seat on the plane and I go there often alone. I'm wondering if this will be okay to use as my everyday stroller while there, or if it will be a pain to keep unstrapping it from the car and transformin it into a stroller, or if I should buy something cheap and leave it at my parents' house. Their car does not have Latch there, so it would need to be installed with the seat belt.

TIA
JP96

indigo
06-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Since you will be in FL frequently, I would suggest buying a cheap stroller *and* a cheap car seat to keep at your parents' place. I think if you do a search on the car seat forum there are some recommendation for a cheap good seat at Wal-Mart (forget the brand) - it's about $50 - or you could do a search on the local Craig's List for both those items, used.

It's not complicated to strap/unstrap but each time you do so of course there is the possibility that the seat will not be positioned correctly (you have to press down hard on the seat to secure the belt tightly enough). the SNS is great for use in the airport and moving around when you don't have a base of operations, but is not an ideal car seat (hard to secure) or stroller (no sunshade, basket etc.). Your baby will be much more comfortable in something designed specifically for each purpose! :0)

HTH,

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
six months and counting!

jp96
06-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Thanks!