PDA

View Full Version : Silver Mac Volo Question

egfmba
06-11-2005, 10:28 AM
For those in the know, I'm curious about the silver Mac Volo hoods. Does the sun shine through them a *LOT*? I'm looking to buy a Volo for a trip to the beach, but I saw a pic of a 2005 silver Volo on one website and it looked as though the sunshade provided very little shade.

I want silver because I'm afraid the black will get too hot on the beach, but if a silver hood won't provide much coverage, I think I should pick another 2005 color or find a color combo I want in the 2004 (and save $10, too).

Money is an issue for this one. I'm trying to find the best deal I can on this and get the accessory pack (I definitely want both the shade and the padding). This is presenting a few problems, however. Do I pay $129 and get the 2004 set or $140 and get the 2005 set? Sorry! Trip into the rueful musings of a woman on the verge... :)

Anyone know if the silver hoods give adequate shade?

TIA for all your help,

eva

edited to add: Great. After a visit to the coupon board, I know I can get a new 05 Chili Mark from Babystyle for $135!

hipmaman
06-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't have the Silver pack or the 2005 Volos but I opted to buy older Volos (2003 and 2004) with the Accessory Kit (in black and Denim). I think the sun shade is fine and comparable to the shades of say the Techno.

I don't know if there are any changes between the older shades vs. the 2005 one though.

I have a few pictures of the Volos with shades here http://photobucket.com/albums/v499/Oakvillemoms/Strollers/

You can go to StrollerSwap where moms/dads who love strollers and sell/trade/buy gently used strollers for good prices. Post a ISO and see if there are any for sale http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/

newmomto1
06-11-2005, 12:44 PM
I don't know if this will really answer your question, but:
I have a 2004 Silver Volo with the Carbon (Black) Accessory Kit.
It seems to me that my Volo Canopy provides better coverage than the canopy on my 2004 Quest (the Volo hood seems larger IMO).
I actally took the Volo seat pad off for the summer b/c I thought the mesh would be cooler (more ventilation).
Also, I think the mesh would clean up super-easy after being at the beach...however you can always throw the seat cushion in the wash.
:-)

egfmba
06-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all your help! I was concerned, but I finally realized that I can always get a bigger sunshade if I'm that worried (you know, one of those Protect-a-Bub shades).

I just bit the bullet and bought a chili mark 05 from babystyle.com. After the coupon on the other board and the ebate, the Volo and accessory pack will cost ~$123. Better than the best deal I found on a 2004 model (after shipping).

Just too bad I had to pay tax!

Thanks again for everyone's input. It helped me be sure of a purchase I knew I'd have to make, and since I stress so much over purchases this big, I can't tell you how appreciative I am of your time and input. :)

eva