PDA

View Full Version : Snack tray for umbrella strollers?

Deborah_Hogan
06-13-2005, 03:03 PM
I've been combing the board history, but restarting thread...

Does anyone know of a snap on snack tray that would work with umbrella strollers (Maclaren Volo, Inglesina Swift, Kolcraft cheapy)?

The Twingles requires a bar to attach to, though it is a wonderful product, if you have a bar.

Thanks!

jendalymd
06-13-2005, 03:36 PM
I vaguely remember someone a long time ago on the board saying that some child tray from one of those brands that babies r us carries could fit onto a maclaren, but I can't remember what brand.

Although I've never tried one, maybe a Babu tray would work for you. A lot of people have Babu trays, maybe someone else could advise whose had one.

DAKnits
06-14-2005, 09:40 PM
I saw the Twingles strapped to a stroller in a local store here. The salesperson told me the tray does not have to be attached to a stroller with a bar, and in fact, it was not attached to the child bar, but instead to the sides of the stroller, therefore it should attach to any stroller. But I have no personal experience trying this.

I also did a search on this subject, and apparently the Babytrend child tray will snap on the Maclaren strollers.

HTH.

Deborah_Hogan
06-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks!

The BabyTrend Trendsport lite 1502 isn't readily available, even if I would pirate for parts. Can order tray from Babytrend, but need a serial number to do it.

Does anyone have a Trendsport serial number to share to put through for parts order?

It's a long shot, but thanks, if you do...

HIU8
06-16-2005, 09:07 AM
I would love to have the serial number as well. I have a Mac Quest and I really want to attach a child tray to it. That would make the Quest most used stroller and I would not have to take anything heavier when we go away etc...

Thanks,
Heather

DS Jacob "Coby" 11/27/04

Deborah_Hogan
06-16-2005, 02:14 PM
And I guess the other question is are we positive the Trendsport tray will work on Volo, Quest, whatever. It sounds from others' experiences that it will, but I'd love to try it IRL, but Trendsport seems to be a rare model these days--too bad, for a cheap stroller, it looks pretty good!

DAKnits
08-19-2005, 01:39 AM
BUMPING this ... can anyone offer a serial number for the Baby Trend tray?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah_Hogan
08-19-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't have the serial number for the BabyTrend Trendsport Lite, but they have it at Babies R Us, if you want to check it out.

I ended up buying the tray from the Delta Discovery IV stroller. It is blue, it snaps on nicely (as does the Trendsport), and it has little entertaining snap on bugs for the tray. They have it at the baby division of the Burlington Coat Factory. Maybe you can approach Delta directly.

I also wrote to Maclaren suggesting they make a tray, so we don't have to go nuts hunting for parts. In the summer, we eat at least one meal in the stroller every other day--and usually more. My toddler likes to pick up her own food off a tray (won't take food I feed her off a fork), so it was vital to obtain.

Deborah_Hogan
08-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh, and I tried the Twingles, and while it is a phenomenal design, it truly doesn't work on an umbrella stroller. Whatever you've heard, I can tell you, it won't work.

Also, the Babytrend and Discovery trays snap on nicely to the Volo, but were too wide to swap them out on a Kolcraft cheapy.

DAKnits
08-20-2005, 01:00 AM
It looks like I have to get three trays-- one to fit my Volo, one for the 2001 Vogue ... and I am also waiting for a 2000 Vogue which is smaller than the 2001 Vogue but I don't know how it compares to the Volo.

I am thinking of getting a Babytrend Trendsport Lite tray (will go to babies r us tomorrow!), and since I am planning on going to Baby Depot next week, I can get the Discovery info to order a tray to fit the 2000 Vogue, and a Jeep tray or Graco tray for the 2001 Vogue! I will probably buy four trays, and just see what fits, and then Swap the extras!

Why can't Maclaren at least OFFER an attachment -- they would make a lot of $$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILoveLT
08-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I just ordered the part from Baby Trend. I filled out the parts order form available on the Baby Trend website, which I think is www.babytrend.com. I sent a check for $13 payable to Baby Trend Inc. 1567 S. Campus Ave. Ontario, CA 91761

Use model number 1520 and Manufacture date 8/10/04. Ask for the snack tray for 1520 stroller. No serial number is necessary. Shipping is included in the $13. I got the tray in a week or so. It fits my Maclaren Quest perfectly, however, I did need to heat up the sides in 2 pots of boiling water for a minute or so to soften the plastic because the openings were kind of tight for the Quest sides.

I am happy with the purchase and now we have a snack tray for the Quest!

Rita

calv
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
do you happen to have a picture of this tray? TIA!

fairygodnana
08-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Yes, could you please post some pics?

HoneymoonBaby
08-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Pretty please!

DAKnits
08-23-2005, 10:50 PM
THANK YOU RITA!!!!!!!! I have been unable to get to a baby store and I really want to order one! What a smart idea to boil the tray!!!

Mollysmom
08-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Silly question but does the tray come on an off easily on the quest?