PDA

View Full Version : Right Start Tracker Double vs. Schwinn/Safari

ekbecker1
06-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Has anyone seen the Right Start Tracker Double IRL? Or better yet, anyone own one? I've seen them online and they look like a great lower-priced option for an all-terrain SBS. They look almost too good to be true so I just wonder how they handle, how easy they are to fold, etc.

Same questions for the Schwinn or In Step Safari TT doubles. . . if anyone has one. I've only seen the singles IRL.

Can either of these hold a candle to the MBUD?

Thanks!

strollerqueen
06-15-2005, 02:06 AM
That Tracker is one of the most shoddily constructed pieces of junk I have ever seen! UGH! I actually stood there with my mouth hanging open when I saw it. I was so shocked they would dare to sell something so terrible! The Schwinn is a lot better. But better still, and cheaper, is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2989&item=3980480807&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Nothing like a MBUD, but certainly the best of the lot.

kellyotn
06-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Hi Strollerqueen,

What's the deal with the Safetechs - why only on eBay? Do you know? :-) They do look nice and seem to get good reviews (great if you take $$ into account!)

Would you also happen to know if the seat back is taller than the Instep/Schwinn? That's the biggest thing holding me back from them is the seat seems so short..... (Well that and I'm a stroller snob at heart.)

I googled "Safetech" awhile back and can really only find message boards giving pretty good reviews or eBay listings. :-)

I guess for the money I should just go for it and be done with it! ha ha.

Man I wish BOB made a swivel double, my DH would be so easily talked into that! ha ha. An MBUD, not so much.

kelly

ksenn
06-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Kelly,

I have a Safetech and have owned it for over 18mos. I love it!I have seen both(Safetech & Schwinn/Instep) IRL together recently. They look almost compeletley identical (just different colors) but one HUGE factor is that the Instep/Schwinn is about 1/2inch wider and my friend couldnt fit it in the same doorway I could with my Safetech! She was horrified...because someone's dimensions are off! :(

Other than that they are the same. Yes, the seatback isnt to high, but higher than a lot of other strollers. My 4.5yr old's head is not completely on it anymore, but he doesnt care and my 2.5 yr old fits just fine with room to grow.

ITs a great stroller for the price and a good alternative to the MBUD I highly recommend it! I have not had one quality issue with it at all.

Hopefully one day..BOB will come up with one! Id be all over that as well!

kellyotn
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks! I have been soooo all over the board on this whole thing. You'd think I was deciding on something that would affect world peace. LOL.

The only bad thing I've heard about them is that the seat adjuster can slip. Not a biggie, I could fix that if it happens to happen to me.

Hmmmm..... I'm so glad you responded. I still wonder why its an eBay only thing.

I do think it would more than fit my needs (walks about the neigborhood and into the library, etc.) and save me some money! :-)

kelly

strollerqueen
06-15-2005, 02:29 PM
They are sold in the UK under the "Mothercare" label, the Alpine Twin, or something like that. They get pretty good reviews over there, too, but cost a lot more THAT side of the pond!

strollerqueen
06-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Here it is, their latest version. The Ebay model is a bit older.

http://www.mothercare.com/invt/lx0089

kellyotn
06-15-2005, 02:36 PM
And, of course, they have RED. I want a red double so bad!! ;-)

Thanks much for the info. I'd seen reference to Mothercare somewhere, but its nice seeing their site!

kelly

ekbecker1
06-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks so much, everyone, for your input. I'm a little wary of the Safetech on ebay. I read some bad reviews of their triple, but couldn't find anything about the double except what's here at BBB. It sounds too good to be true which makes me think maybe I'd be better off forking out $800 for the MBUD and skipping all this research and deliberation. I would hate to spend $200 on the Safetech and then end up buying the MBUD later on. Why are strollers decisions so hard for me?!

ekbecker1
06-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi, Kristen,

Just curious if you bought your Safetech on ebay and which seller? Also, how is the fold on it? Thanks!

Liz

atothy
08-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Why do you think it is poorly made?