PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Volo vs Triumph

irrosenz
06-17-2005, 10:45 AM
My husband and I are looking for an umbrella stroller for our 10 month old and have narrowed it down to these two, but need some help deciding which one. As far as I can tell there are three main differences, how important are these?

1. The Volo does not recline at all, the Triumph does, but it looks like it is only a little. How important is the recline? Can babies/kids sleep without it?

2. The Triumph has a padded, structured seat, the Volo is just fabirc. Does having just the fabric seat provide insufficient support for the baby's/kid's back? Will it get all rounded? Cause poor posture?

3. The Volo weighs app 9 lbs and the Triunph app 12 lbs. That's only a 3 lb difference, but it's 25% less. How big a difference willthose 3 lbs make? (I don't live anywhere where I where I will be carrying the stroller up and down flights of stairs, or riding the subway or buses.)

Obviously there is also a price difference, but that is not my deciding factor. (There both less than the Bugaboo.)

Thanks for any help.

Deborah_Hogan
06-17-2005, 11:39 AM
I returned a Triumph a year ago because the short seat didn't seem comfortable for baby.

I just bought a Volo. The mesh seat seems to conform nicely to baby.

For me, weight of stroller is everything, so I so prefer the Volo. I bought it to update Swift, partly because Volo is 2-3lbslighter.

pittsburghgirl
06-17-2005, 11:49 AM
We have a Volo. I didn't like the way my DS fit in the Triumph seat, plus, I plan to use it for buses/subway so 3 lbs did make a difference for me.

I find that my DS will slump in any stroller I put him in, so the fact that the Volo conforms doesn't see to make a difference. Then again, we don't spend long periods strolling any more, either.

As to recline, my DS never sleeps in his stroller any more. I think a truly tired toddler can sleep anywhere, though.

I just got my Volo recently. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of legrest. My DS doesn't quite fit it in perfectly yet.

Honestly, if you aren't concerned about a little extra weight I would get a Quest if that's in your budget. I would choose that over either the Volo or Triumph for a 10 month old, not only for the recline but for the legrest.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png