PDA

View Full Version : 2 week vacation soon- is a double stroller necessary?

cdlamis
06-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Until now, I didn't think we would need a double stroller. Julia rides in our single stoller and Isabella in the sling. But as Isabella gets older, I can see the need for a double stroller especially for a place for her to nap. It makes me sad but she does not love being in a sling as much as she used to.

Anyway :), back to my question. We are taking a 2 week vacation soon and I am questioning whether a single stroller and sling will be enough since most of our day will be spent sight seeing. I think we will need a place for both of them to sleep and to give my back a rest.

As I write this post, I can tell that I want a double and just want someone to tell me that I do need it so I can justify the purchase! :) We already have a P3 which I love and I am nervous about buying a double for such a short period of time. I don't know how long Julia will ride in a stroller.

Any thoughts? TIA~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

strollerqueen
06-20-2005, 01:05 AM
3 is pretty young. You need a double. How's that? LOL!

betsydenny
06-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Well to make it easier, you could always try to find a used double on craigslist or the like. Here in NYC, there are always Mac doubles that were used for about 6 months and then being sold so they are often in fantastic condition.
Or try SWAP.
And if you decide to get a new double, you can always sell it on SWAP or craigslist to get some of your $ back.

Now you just have to decide which double to get!!
Enjoy!
Betsy

Deborah_Hogan
06-20-2005, 08:08 AM
When DD1 was 3.5 and baby was .5 I got a used Mac Opus. I found DD1 too heavy on one side for DD2 on the other. I found it heavy to push and steer, and I couldn't get through shop aisles and position it tidily in restaurants. I couldn't carry baby and double down a flight of stairs.

My husband got so frustrated he took it to the goodwill.

Now my DD1 walks until she gets tired, and DD2 rides in the Volo. Then when DD1 tired, carry DD2 in Sutemi and push DD1 in stroller. One of the great benefits here is that I can carry child in Sutemi and stroller with stuff in bags over my shoulder, still open, down a flight of stairs.

For me, light weight and a compact size was everything.

So many others' experiences differ, but this was mine, and since you're used to carrying one in a sling, just wanted you to know.

Of course if just on vacation, you'll probably have help.